Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Constant skipping and pausing

Has anyone found a solution to this? I've re-installed the app, and updated to the latest iOS, but the issue persists! Aggghhh!

Highlighted

For me this was a problem with iOS rather than Spotify. 

In “Settings / Display & Brightness” there is an option called “Raise to wake”. The purpose of this is to turn the screen on when you pick up the phone. However, I found the phone was misreading the motion of me walking and was waking in my pocket and displaying the lock screen controls for Spotify. My pocket was pressing pause / forward / backward buttons.

turn raise to wake off. Simple. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hey, clean the opening for the charging you phone. It worked for me to clean it with a toothpick

Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 android 7.0. The app version is 8.4.55.521 armV7. The skipping/pausing has only started in the last few weeks for no apparent reason. I already tried a reinstall and only have 1 playlist. Any suggestions much appreciated. 

Highlighted

Try changing the lightning to aux adapter, clear the lightning port or turn off Siri. I did the 2 latter things, and that worked for me. Still using the same adapter.

Highlighted

I'm having this problem on my new pixel 2.. seems to only happen (for me) with the dongle attachment plugged to my external speakers when I work out. Haven't had an issue on Bluetooth with mine yet. Didn't have this problem with my old phone and it's standard aux plug. I'm wondering if something about the way the phones OS detects for the external speaker connection is stuttering and causing Spotify to think it was unplugged which is meant to pause spotify.. when Bluetooth disconnects, Spotify also pauses. Maybe a similar mechanism. One thing Im quite sure about is that this is a software issue, not hardware as many have suggested.

Highlighted

I have the same problem on my iphone 7, iOS 11.4. and the previous one. It changes the songs and start the app without me doing nothing. This happens while walking with my headphones. Strange it happens also with iTunes. 

Highlighted

Music Fan
Hey,

New earphones solved the problem for me.
SUGGESTED POSTS