Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix changes mid playthrough

Daily Mix changes mid playthrough

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I play a Daily Mix on my way to work around 5am EST. At about 8 am EST every day, the mix switches numbers. What I mean is the genre that was in Daily Mix 1 (for example Metal) and the genre in Daily Mix 2 (e.g. Hip-Hop) when I opened the app change Daily Mix Numbers. Metal goes from 1 -> 2 and Hip-Hop goes from 2 -> 1. That's not that big a deal, but the fact that what I'm listening to changes from Metal to Hip-Hop without notice is a bit off-putting and distracting since listening to the music I chose that morning helps me vibe through my day.

I notice that 8 am EST seems to be the time that all the official Spotify Playlists are updated. Maybe this has something to do with why it happens at 8? Is there a way to make it not interrupt my daily listening? Could it at least not switch genres one me?

4 Replies

Hello @WAlrus_Rising

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Daily Mixes update everyday at the same time, so that's why they might change while you're listening to music. 

You might be interested in adding your +VOTE to this Idea

If that's not exactly what you'd like to see, or have any other ideas, you're always welcome to submit them separately in the Idea Exchange. 

I hope you'll find this useful! 

• This just happened to me. We were enjoying our Daily Mix 6 (B-52s, Level 42, Ivy) when about 10 a.m. ET the music stopped and the playlist changed to Jeff Beck, early Capt. Beefheart and Spirit. I'm not all that upset with the new music but I was looking forward to what was coming up in the original mix (Marshall Crenshaw, Judie Tzuke). Was the update time moved to 10 am Eastern?

Hey there @Carpetbagger_

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Currently, there isn't an exact time for the daily mixes to be updated, as they are constantly refreshed based on your listening experience and it can happen at any time every day. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Still there, still annoying...

If I listen to a playlist all day, I obviously like it. It's then "absolute top" the next day to completely change the genre and also not leave any similar playlist in the list.
What on earth are you generating this on?
"Hey, you've been listening to metal all day, how about mixes of folk and jazz today?"

What the **bleep** is that?

Suggested posts