Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iPhone 8 plus / Macbook Pro 15"

Operating System

iOS 12, MacOS

My Question or Issue

Dislike button missing in a lot of playlists in Spotify. Is this a bug? A feature?

This problem is making me crazy, before (like last year) I could like/dislike any song from the majority of playlists Spotify offered me (radios, daily mixes, etc) now it is impossible to dislike...So how is Spotify going to know if I like a song or not?

Only My Release Radar and Discover Weekly keep for now the like/dislike button...

I think this is an important functionality to have in the app. We as users want to configure the platform as we want, so that the offered music as good as possible. If now Spotify is going to begin to have fixed playlists (radio, daily mixes, etc), instead of letting the user change them liking/disliking songs...don't know if I can stay paying...even when I have all my music library in Spotify, and will be difficult to go to other platforms...

Please, please! Return the dislike button to your playlists!

117 Replies

I don't even have this choice. What **bleep**.

I agree!

Of course. It's simply absurd that this would require a comment to have in place. If there is any chance of predicting the music I will like a dislike button will be essential.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That's why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion about the like and dislike feature. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Those of us that aren't iPhone users are still having this issue.

The dislike button is only missing when using Spotify Connect. In Spotify playing directly on the device, the button is well here. 

The dislike button is no longer visible on the iOS mobile app for either the Discover Weekly or the Release Radar. There is now a dumb hide button in the daily mixes which serves little purpose. Back to the many points made several times previously, how in the world is the app supposed to learn listening preferences when I can’t tell it I don’t like the song. Absurd, and in a competitive environment where the Apple Music app is getting better all the time.  It’s getting harder to continue with Spotify especially when everyone in my family is complaining about the loss of the feature. Why do you keep jacking with one of the core components which should always be there. 

Ok.... Now I have to take it back as we all uninstalled and reinstalled and now the dislike button is back. How bizarre...

Now, I’m having to uninstall and reinstall daily to return the dislike button for release radar and discover weekly.  As soon as I’m done using it the first time after the reinstall, it returns to the state of not having the ability to dislike songs. Instead, the ability to hide the song appears as the only option which is now a two step option as you have to hit the ellipsis dots in the upper right to hide the song. The functionality still exist in the curated daily mixes but no where else. Spotify, please return this functionality...

IMG_0641.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg

Well the irony here is I just cancelled from exclusively using a Windows device. When I cancelled, they asked why and I gave the "not able to dislike" as a reason... THEN THEY SENT ME HERE.

So how about we just don't give a **bleep** about what belongs where (because they clearly don't) and let's just keep criticizing Spotify and it's ineptitude shall we?

When I uninstall and reinstall the feature comes back but it will disappear the moment I stop using it for my current session. 

IMG_0643.jpg

Seriously! Spotify support, I’m getting tired of having to reinstall the darn app every single day just to get the darn dislike button back. Everyone else here having the same problem, have any of you checked out any of the other streaming services lately?  Has Apple Music finally closed the previous gaps?

@tr1ton wrote:

Seriously! Spotify support, I’m getting tired of having to reinstall the darn app every single day just to get the darn dislike button back. Everyone else here having the same problem

wow yes I just realised that the dislike button had disappeared, and yes deleting and reinstalling the app brought it back. Hmm i wonder what else is possible Spotify?

It’s really crazy this continues!  The Spotify app literally removes the ability to dislike a song daily so a everyday I must delete and reinstall the app. Just poor development to not fix an issue like this quickly. 

agree this is really frustrating

Shocker!  Now having to reinstall the app multiple times a day to keep the dislike feature.  Guess I’ll be the one to give Apple Music a try again and I’ll report back here to let everyone know if it’s now worth switching. 

Apple Music has less buggy app for sure, but recommendations - still nothing interesting for me.

Damn... the recommendations piece was the reason I left Apple when I gave it a try. Another company needs to more strongly challenge Spotify and then maybe they’d care more about customer experience. 

Suggested posts