Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display full song title in IOS APP

Display full song title in IOS APP

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 8

Operating System

latest ios

My Question or Issue

for long song titles, the full title is not accessible. It just has the beginning of the song title and then " . . . "  This is the case even when I look at the title on the full album or tap on the song.  Can you provide assistance?

Also, please offer a "play next" option so the desired track does not have to jump to the end of the queue!  I see that Apple music has a play next or play later option which makes total sense. 

Thanks!

Dave

5 Replies

Hi @threedenis, thanks for writing!

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. When they’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period.

Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device. Positive developments will eventually make it to all devices!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,Bittencourt.

I have the latest update. If, for example, I'm searching for a song which has a few different versions (e.g., live versions, radio edits, etc.) there doesn't seem to be a way to see the full title without playing the song, which is not ideal when you don't want to interrupt the song currently playing. Thanks!

That's true, @threedenis -- totally agreed.

You can always suggest any ideas you think might be positive in Spotify through the link bellow:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This has been a problem forever with Spotify.  There was a thread from 2014 about it but it seems they don't listen.

On the Apple OSX desktop app I recently discovered you can click and drag left to bring up the full title (very helpful for classical music) but I can't see how to do this on the iOS app...

Hey @gjbarton,

Thanks for your feedback on this.

The best way to add your support to this feature is by voting for this relevant idea.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, head here.

Thanks!

Suggested posts