Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System

IOS 12

Equalizer-page is broken. List of presets can be scrolled, but no other functionality works (ie. can’t  tune eq-curve, can’t toggle eq on/off, can’t select preset).

10 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello, restart did the trick. My bad, should have tried that first. Thanks!

The problem comes back when I select Homepod (Airplay) as the output. Running latest version which was apparently auto-updated today (8.4.72). Had no problems with the exact same use case prior today. 

I'd recommend installing any pending updates to your HomePod 🙂

Try it with another internet connection or if you can with another account.

I'd also recommend checking this support article.

Same issue here. Seems like EQ controls become non-responsive when switching to Aiplay playback. Last EQ-setting and state (on/off) is applied and active in Airplay playback. But switching back to native playback for any EQ-moderations is highly inconvinent. 

Deserves reproducties and further analysis.

Check if there is an update to the app, your version may be outdated?

Checked to be sure. Certainly not.

I’ve got the same issue with the Airplay playback on my iPhone. It corelates well with the fact you cannot change equalizer settings while playing even in the native Apple’s Music app. In the Music app, the equalizer changes would apply only if you restart the playback.

Apparently this has something to do with Airplay2 protocol, thus no way to change the setting during playback. Perhaps Spotify can handle this limitation in their interface better. Otherwise you need to go several times back and forth between airplay/phone output while tuning the sound. 

There is also apparent few-seconds delay between play/pause when streaming through Airplay from Spotify. 

I have the same problem after upgrading my iPhone 6S to iOS 12.

Note that any equalizer setting is not applied when playing back via an Airplay device, even though it is still shown on the, frozen, equalizer page.

Contacted tech support with no result.

I Hope this will be fixed soon, as without equalizer playback through my Klipsch G17-Air has way too much bass..

Same problem here. Not also Airplay2 protocol, also Airplay version 1.

EQ gets totally stuck when connecting to any Airplay device, very annoying. All is on latest version (iOS, Spotify app and Airplay devices).

Ok, got it figured out. It is not a Apple (protocol) bug. It’s is probably just bad programming and software dev by Spotify. Total disregard for the fact that they are primarily a software developing company. 

Gladly they have a api so others can do the player-part of there service.

So, download the VOX player and sync up your premium account with it. 

High quality, easy access to visual para-EQ, Sample rate management/conversion and much more. 

It simply sounds better on my Dynaudio’s. Especially in the high freq. range.

so, get VOX boys and girls

Suggested posts