Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Group Session not working

Group Session not working

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Poland

Device

iPhone 7s Plus

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

I tried to join a group session with my friend. She had started the session but the option was not available on my phone where it was visible on hers. I used the camera option in the search bar to scan the code but got the message:

"Couldn't Open Link

Spotify can't open this type of link on this device."

I have tried to update the app to the newest version as well as reinstalling it but the group session still doesn't show up anywhere in the app. How do I get it to work?

12 Replies

Hey @majasieczko, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

At Spotify, theyโ€™re often testing and launching improvements and new features.

I don't have that feature yet either, even though some of my friends do.

Learn more here.

Hello, we are 2 months further, and I also still donยดt have access. 

My UK friend has already access for a few months. I have tried to login with my account on her phone, and also there I didnยดt have access. 

Is there a way to enable it on my phone? 

Bert

Hi @bdesmet!

Try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi @loxer
I deleted all cache and data before uninstalling, and then I installed spotify again.
Spotify connect, and google cast devices show up, but still no group sessions.

Spotify version: 8.5.36.747
Android version: 10; build number: ONEPLUSA6013_41_191214

1. iโ€™m also having the same issue

I don't have this in the US but would very much like it

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

This feature is currently available to users in certain countries, which would explain why you're having troubles seeing in if you're currently in Poland or the US.

Keep in mind that as @Loxer mentioned above, we're always testing new features so no worries if you don't see it just yet - there's more info on that here.

If you'd like to see this in your location, we'd recommend leaving your feedback in our Ideas Exchange following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

This way, other Spotify users can add their support and contribute to the discussion.  

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

hi @Katerina, 

Do you have a timeline available of when this feature would become available in Belgium? My UK girlfriend has this enabled on her phone for over half a year now. And the UK is quite close to Belgium, and still all EU. So I am wondering why this wouldn't be released here yet? 

Bert 

Hey there @bdesmet,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

We don't have any information to pass on here at the moment regarding this.

However, the best way to stay updated regarding this feature being available in your location is through submitting an idea.

This will also give the chance to other users who'd like to see this available to add their support and feedback.

If you're curious, you can find out more about how ideas get implemented here.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator

Are Group Sessions not available for older devices? My husbandโ€™s iPhone 6s and our older gen iPad donโ€™t have the option to create or join a group session. 

Hey @ZenaL,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

The Group session feature is available on mobile devices for iOS 8.5.16 or later and for Android 8.5.17 or later. Keep in mind however that  it's still in Beta. This means that it could be rolled out for some users before others and that it's prerequisites change. Make sure to keep your device and the app updated to the latest version and you should get it as quick as possible, if your devices meet the requirements. This Spotify Answer explains how to do this. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Do better.

Suggested posts