Country

US

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone,

I was going to check out my Spotify wrapped stats from the home screen (which from what I understand can only be accessed on the mobile app), but I realized that my home screen won't load, and hasn't loaded for a while. It keeps saying "something went wrong" even though I'm connected to wifi. I've seen previous posts about this around last year and it was mentioned that it was fixed, so I'm not sure why I'm having this problem. Has anyone else had this problem?? It's a little frustrating since that's the only way to access my Spotify wrapped slideshow stats...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @ankitadas002,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for reaching out about this. 

We recommend that you log out and back in to your account two times in a row. This prompts a resynch with our servers. If the home section still doesn't load afterwards, could you let us know if using a different internet network helps? If it does you should contact your network provider about possible restrictions that are activated. Just keep in mind that Spotify doesn't support VPN, so issues with it are expected behavior. 

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to clean reinstall the app? This is different than simply reinstalling, as it clears any damaged cache files that might be causing this issue.  You can also try logging into your account using a different device or asking a friend to log into their account from your device to see if the issue persists. That way we can narrow down the root cause to either your account or device.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @ankitadas002,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for reaching out about this. 

We recommend that you log out and back in to your account two times in a row. This prompts a resynch with our servers. If the home section still doesn't load afterwards, could you let us know if using a different internet network helps? If it does you should contact your network provider about possible restrictions that are activated. Just keep in mind that Spotify doesn't support VPN, so issues with it are expected behavior. 

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to clean reinstall the app? This is different than simply reinstalling, as it clears any damaged cache files that might be causing this issue.  You can also try logging into your account using a different device or asking a friend to log into their account from your device to see if the issue persists. That way we can narrow down the root cause to either your account or device.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi! I logged out twice and logged in again, and I can see my home screen now, which is great, so thanks for that! I had another quick question related to my first post though: my home screen will load now, but I still can't seem to access my spotify wrapped slideshow. From what I understand, it should pop up if I'm on the home screen, but I'm not seeing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there @ankitadas002,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. We're happy to hear that it works as it should for you again 🙂

There's currently an ongoing issue about this. We suggest that you follow the steps that's provided in there and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi everyone

This problem has appeared again in recent days on MacOS.

So on Thursday evening September 28th I tried to update my MacOS to MacOS Sonoma. When the update is complete, everything is still fine. Spotify has no problem. But when on Saturday, October 1 afternoon I tried to listen to some songs on Spotify, the home screen of my Spotify application on MacOS couldn't display the home screen. I tried logging out then logging back in but there was no change, I tried uninstalling, deleting the cache and re-downloading the application, the same thing, no change.

Please what should I do. Thank you very much

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 09.29.58.png

I faced with the same issue (yesterday, 1 October on MacOS Sonoma)

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 09.12.17.png

I'm facing the same issue. Similarly, I've updated to Mac OS Sonoma 14.0 a few days ago and now the home screen doesn't show. 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 11.12.57 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 11.12.47 AM.png

I am also facing the same issue, using M2 MacBook Air with MacOS Sonoma.

I have logged out and back in twice, as well as deleted the app and reinstalled it. The issue persists. 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 09.24.33.png

Same thing here. Home Screen not loading on my Macbook Air M2. Tried logging out/in twice with no effect.

Hey folks,

There was another recent ongoing issue with the desktop app on MacOS, which should now be fixed. Could you confirm that everything looks good on your end now?

In case the issue persists, try performing a clean reinstall of the app to ensure you're running the latest updates.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts