Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

I have recently been trying to organize my music better. I listen to a very small range of artists and albums. I just noticed that my "liked" playlist has almost 600 songs on it, most of which i have never heard of or listened to. I believe this is because when I was trying to like a single song off of an album, it added that entire album to my liked playlist! Is there a way I can completely mass-wipe/delete my Liked playlist, or do i need to continue to unlike them one at a time like I have been?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, 

I would suggest using the desktop app for this. Click the first song in the list, then scroll down to the bottom and shift-click the last song. This will select all songs between the two that you clicked. Right-click (or ctrl-click on Mac if you don't have right-click enabled) and select "remove from liked songs."

To make sure you don't lose songs you actually wanted to keep, I would recommend creating a new playlist and adding all the songs there (same process as above, just click "add to playlist" instead of remove," because when you remove them from your liked songs, there's not a way (that I'm aware of, anyway) to get them back without individually liking every song again. 

If you do come across a song you want to keep in the list, after clicking the first song you want to delete, shift-click the song above the one you want to keep, then ctrl-click (cmd-click on Mac) the song below the one you want to keep, and shift-click the last one you want to delete from there. This will keep the one that you want to keep unseelected so that it won't be deleted with tthe other selected songs. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you run into any problems. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, 

I would suggest using the desktop app for this. Click the first song in the list, then scroll down to the bottom and shift-click the last song. This will select all songs between the two that you clicked. Right-click (or ctrl-click on Mac if you don't have right-click enabled) and select "remove from liked songs."

To make sure you don't lose songs you actually wanted to keep, I would recommend creating a new playlist and adding all the songs there (same process as above, just click "add to playlist" instead of remove," because when you remove them from your liked songs, there's not a way (that I'm aware of, anyway) to get them back without individually liking every song again. 

If you do come across a song you want to keep in the list, after clicking the first song you want to delete, shift-click the song above the one you want to keep, then ctrl-click (cmd-click on Mac) the song below the one you want to keep, and shift-click the last one you want to delete from there. This will keep the one that you want to keep unseelected so that it won't be deleted with tthe other selected songs. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you run into any problems. 

No thanks for the Spotify support that copy/pasted shitty procedures by mail to help me... but thanks to you!

I had a title impossibe to remove from liked titles and CTRL+DELETE was the solution!

PS: I'm on Windows 10, had already tried to reinstall Spotify etc...

Happy to help, glad it worked for you.

Have a great rest of your day,

Dani

Doesn't work**bleep**. At all. I've tried all of this. Nice try. But nope. Go down to the end? Nope. It greys out, and then deletes one at a time.

Everyone that said this works? Is wrong. So if you're reading this? Don't waste your time.

No.  This does not work.  Not on a Mac.  It's only possible to delete one song at a time.  Very bad Very very bad

Dude this doesn’t answer the question at all. We’re trying to figure out how to do it on iPhone. We don’t care about computers we wouldn’t say IPHONE if we wanted to do it on laptop.

You're just a smart ass isn't it?
The apps are synchronized between your phone and any computer you've connected to Spotify too.
Just do it on a random computer and it will disappear from your Iphone. Tada.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently there is no way to wipe all the songs from your Liked songs at once. You'd have to do it manually song by song.

Nevertheless, we think this idea might appeal to a lot of users 🙂 That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with our Community. 

You can go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We're always open to new ideas that could improve the app and its features. Here's more info on how ideas work. 

It's also worth checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts