Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Solved!

Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

tq
Casual Listener

Hello everyone,

I've recently updated to Spotify 0.5.2 and noticed that the iPhone Spotify app is causing an issue on the iPhone lockscreen in regards to displaying the currently playing track name. When I begin to play the first song of an album, it plays correctly. If I then try to skip to the second track through the lockscreen, it also works correctly and the song name under the clock is updated correctly. However if I try to skip again to the third track, the third track begins to play but the second track's name still displays under the clock. I can skip forward and back at will from the lockscreen, but the second track's name will always be displayed. I thought this was iOS6's fault, but then I tested it on an iPod Touch 4G running 5.1.1 and got the same issue, which leads me to believe it was a Spotify bug. I then used iTunes to revert back to 0.5.1 on my iPhone running iOS6 and the issue has gone, further underlining the fact that (for me at least) it has been a bug introduced in 0.5.2. Can anyone replicate this bug? I'd like to see if a patch could be issued so I can get the new Radio feature without losing the ability to see my song name in the lockscreen.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Whintersby
Regular

The only solution I have found to this issue is one that was briefly mentioned earlier in this thread.

Search for and install "Spotify for IOS4".

This version does not include this very irritating defect, although iPhone5 users will have to deal with the app not consuming the full screen - something I'm willing to put up with.

View solution in original post

Solution!

itsB

Also left Spotify for MOG.  Same selection, price, quality on much better software platform.  Thanks to previous posters for pointing us to MOG.  Bye

Solution!

David
Spotify Legend

Early 2013?! That's like... NOW! I've just pushed the button*. The 0.6 update is available now in the App Store, and will show the right track in your lock screen all day long. Along with some other new things. I'll lock this thread for now!

* I didn't push the button

Airhorn Enthusiast

126 Replies

David
Spotify Legend

Hello.

We're still looking into this lockscreen issue. As soon as we have an update, we'll shout it from the rooftops.

Airhorn Enthusiast

danielthelion
Music Fan

@David:

Thanks much!

@EveryoneElse:

I just noticed that you can still download an older version of Spotify on the app store, called "Spotify for iOS 4". I'm using it, and it doesn't have the problem (I'm running iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4). At least this is some kind of temporary pacification until they fix the issue in the current version of the app.

bigdrop
Gig Goer

Hey David. Thanks for posting to let us know we're not being ignored. The problem is I paid $9.99 twice and haven't used it much because I've been using Rhapsody instead. I'm not sure I want to pay again and have this problem persist for another month.

danielthelion
Music Fan

@bigdrop

Suspend your Spotify account so it's not charging you, but keep the app on your phone so you'll be notified of updates. When one is released with a fix to this problem, just reactivate your paid account.

stealth210
Roadie

@danielthelion

THANK YOU!

All, I tried what danielthelion mentioned and downloaded the app named "Spotify For iOS4". Even though, I am iOS 5, it works! Track names and times change while locked. 🙂 Very nice!

bigdrop
Gig Goer

Moderator Meridith just posted on the track name stuck thread. "New version out now. Please reinstall". It has been 2 months and we are no closer to having this issue resolved than we were on day 1.  Just unbelievable .

danielthelion
Music Fan

@bigdrop

Is Meridith talking about the release from the other day, or is there supposed to be a new version just released today? If the latter, I'm not seeing it in my list of apps with available updates.

stealth210
Roadie

I'm not seeing one for today either. I think she is talking about 0.5.4 which was a couple days ago. That did not fix the problem.

Marko_K
Regular
Correction to my earlier report: latest release DID NOT FIX the issue for iPhone either. It just looked like that for a moment, Spotify can now handle the first track change. Then the lock screen / car audio display gets stuck with the track 2 name. Every now and then it succeed to change the track info but fails 90% of time.

Please fix ASAP!

bigdrop
Gig Goer
It no longer matters to me. When I contacted support about the bug they treated me like I was a dim-witted idiot. I am canceling and not looking back. I am a rhapsody subscriber now. BTW Spotify. Screw yourself.

richmondn
Casual Listener
It worked for 5 minutes. Back to canceling my service

noob
Regular
Just deleted all iPhone Spotify app data, installed 0.5.4 and the lock screen is still bugged..*sigh* Back to 0.5.1 again...way to keep customers hanging, Spotify..

Marko_K
Regular
Latest fix seems to have fixed the lock screen issue for iPhone, not for iPad. At least it works now better with my iPhone 4S with latest iOS, but iPad 3 still has the problem.

Marko_K
Regular
This is a serious issue that needs to be sorted out ASAP. As stated by others before, it's not only affecting lock screen, but bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) and Airplay as well.

Currently Spotify fails to deliver correct track information i.e. to my car audio system (A2DP) and my home audio system (Airplay with Apple TV).

This issue compromized the whole usability of Spotify and makes users to consider unsubscribing the service. Please fix the issue ASAP!

richmondn
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue too! im cancelling my service until this is fixed. It is way too annoying, and as much as I boast about this service. I am very dissapointed they aren't able to be efficient enough to fix such an issue but they have no problem taking $10 from a poor college student who loves music. I've even asked them to fix the playlists so the new songs are on top. Obviously this isn't going to work for very much longer.

richmondn
Casual Listener

Actually, the newest update resolved my lock screen issue. But the names of songs in my starred playlist are not showing through my car stereo. I thought a moderator would be in here by now resolving conflicts. 

stealth210
Roadie

richmondn,

You say that the latest update resolved the issue on your iPhone? bigdrop reported that it did not. I have now applied the update and will test the update on the way home. Will report back with the results.

stealth210
Roadie

Ok, just tested the latest version and the issue remains. Here's a visual on what happens. I'm playing the album in this picture. track #2 "Rearviewmirror" is being displayed which lasts about 4 minutes. What is playing during this picture is Track #5 (couldn't tell you the exact name for obvious reasons).

http://i.imgur.com/hAQxD.jpg

bigdrop
Gig Goer

An update was released today and guess what. It does nothing to correct this problem. Thanks a lot for nothing. I am cancelling my service in 7 days.

stealth210
Roadie

bigdrop,

Really? I can't believe it. I see that update today but haven't applied it since it mentions nothing about fixing this issue. I am now angry that they went trhough 2 entire release updates and almost 2 months without fixing this issue. Searching for alternatives now. I'm not paying for this any longer. It IS a big deal to me.

Bye!

bigdrop
Gig Goer

@stealth210 wrote:

bigdrop,

Really? I can't believe it. I see that update today but haven't applied it since it mentions nothing about fixing this issue. I am now angry that they went trhough 2 entire release updates and almost 2 months without fixing this issue. Searching for alternatives now. I'm not paying for this any longer. It IS a big deal to me.

Bye!

Try Rhapsody. Same price. Large Library. Rhapsody radio. Free trial

SUGGESTED POSTS