Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

Solved!

Re: Interesting bug on iPhone lockscreen

stealth210
Roadie

Same here. Let it bug me for months until I couldn't take it anymore. Switched to Mog and canceled Spotify last week.

benexclaimed
Music Fan

I tried both MOG and Rdio. I preferred the latter, but I didn't stick with them since they don't support syncing of local tracks. Might switch back and just accept that I'll need an alternate app for local music, though. This is nuts.

Dynatnt1
Regular

Spotify, You need to address this issue as well. Your latest update 11-6-12 fixed my "Track Only Available Online" bug but the lock screen track updating still exists. It only seems to happen on playlist past the second song. This does not happen when listening to Radio on Spotify. Each track updates correctly with Radio.

I would imagine it would be a small bug so get on with fixing it. I pay $120/year to be annoyed with not seeing the correct track name.

Harri
Gig Goer

Why are you introducing new features without fixing the old problems, bugs, etc.??

nenmu
Regular

I was hoping the latest update would resolve this issue, now it looks even worse with the elongated screen on the iPhone 5.

t3hzm4n

Another day, another update that doesn't address this issue.  It's becoming rather infuriating, as I plug my phone in to play music through my car, and the car stereo says the same thing as the lock screen.  I would very much like to have accurate song reporting so that if I'm listening to a new artist or album, I can know the name of the song I'm listening to without opening my phone while driving...  Guess I'll just wait for the next fruitless update...

benexclaimed
Music Fan

Amazing. I understand why this wasn't considered a super high priority issue since it's fairly harmlesss, but it's been months and months. My primary music player can't manage to display the correct "Now Playing" information. This is as basic as it gets. Come on.

Highlighted

domsbombz
Regular

I love Spotify and it's quick become my main music app over the iPhone Music app. Itunes Match just doesn't live up to it's promise and everything in Spotify is easy. However, I love listening to albums, not playlists, and it looks like we're not a small group here from these posts. I have to agree this is such a simple feature, which used to work before, and now doesn't. May we please get an update on the progress of this bug? Or confirmation that it won't be addressed? 

zefloflo
Regular

Any comment on this matter from the support folk would be greatly appreciated.

bmj1086
Music Fan

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/275699334140530688

I asked and got nothing useful. I've given up on Spotify completely. Rdio has vastly improved over the past few months and their catalog has caught up with Spotify. I'm finally unsubscribing from this thread. Good luck to you all. I'd highly suggest trying Rdio or Mog because both of their iPhone apps are fantastic and their catalogs are virtually identical. 

SUGGESTED POSTS