June 2019 updates

Solved!

June 2019 updates

jothyriar

The new update in june 2019 **bleep** me off as a spotify user. The only thing i disliked was that my recently played wasnt situated in the My Library section, and i know that its in the My Home section, but i cant remove songs in the recently played. I really want spotify to just add the recently played to the My Library section, because im now thinking of switching to Apple Music now...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: June 2019 updates

B3Orange
Regular

You can re-order you playlists on desktop and the changes appear instantly on your mobile device.  Hope that helps.

19 Replies

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @jothyriar, thanks for reaching out! 

I understand how you feel. Spotify rolled out a new update to improve your listening experience. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer to get started and how to navigate much easier.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Billy-JRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

50steph
Regular

Can you remove your playlists or recently played? This update stinks if you cannot.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @50steph,

If you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well :)

Currently you can't only view Recently Played section but you can find it now on the Home screen. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange if you would liked that changed

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

What do you mean by removing playlists, could you tell me more about that?

LoxerRock Star 15
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

dweenlander-gb

The latest Spotify update is dreadful. I tend to choose my music by navigating and browsing through my artists in the alaphebtical list. You could have augmented this basic search method, creating all sorts of more elaborate search and organising methods, but you decided to just dump the basic alphebitcal listing. Fair enough; it’s your system; play around with the UI any way you like. My recourse is to move my family plan to another provider - so thanks to your awful update I am closing my Spotify account and moving to Apple Music (and its alphabetical artist listing!).

SwishTurner
Regular

@Loxer I think this is what @50Steph meant by "removing playlists":

You can no longer delete (remove)/download  playlists directly from the playlist display. You used to be able to do this by selecting "edit" at the top right of the screen (next to filter), which would give you the option to delete OR download multiple playlists at once (see screen shot #1 yellow)IMG_0643.jpg

However, the new display (although sleek, and minimalist), tragically bumps this mass edit/remove/download feature! (screen shot #2)

IMG_5CEC7826E087-1.jpeg

Why this feature is needed: I temporarily download/un-download/delete hundreds of playlists every week both for listening offline on the go as well as playlist organization. The new format makes it impossible to either save or delete a playlist without actually entering the playlist and doing it manually. This may only seem like a second or two difference, but when you do it 100+times per day 2 times per week (discovery mondays / release radar fridays) it adds up. I beg spotify to integrate this feature back into the new design.

Hey @SwishTurner.

Thanks for getting back to us.

The button to delete a playlist is right there on the left side of your screenshot.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

SwishTurner
Regular

No, the screenshot you're referring to was the OLD format. Show me how to delete a playlist from the 2nd screenshot.

50steph
Regular

Yes this is exactly what I meant. I can no longer “edit” my recently played list which is frustrating because I also download multiple playlists and want to remove them when I am finished. I also do not see how to delete your own personal playlists either. 

the_toutaku
Music Fan

this does not help, roll back this update. that will fix everything. In fact go back like 3 updates and we can have a perfectly usable spotify again.

wth were yall thinking with this update? it just made life harder.

SUGGESTED POSTS