Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Possible Bug?

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone X Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWhenever I’m synced with a Bluetooth device or plugged into an AUX cord and I disconnect and lock my phone the music will begin to play again until a close t...

• Plan Premium   Country United States   Device iPhone X   Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Whenever I’m synced with a Bluetooth device  or plugged...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabet Scrollbar missing

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceIphone XOperating System(iOS 12 My Question or Issue Eversince I updated to the most recent version, the alphabet scrollbar that used to be on the right side of the “saved songs” playlist, now known as “liked songs” is go...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain Device Iphone X Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue   Eversince I updated to the most recent version, the alphabet scrollbar that u...
  • josedpb14
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

my iOS and macOS keeps playing one specific song.

PlanpremiumCountryukDeviceiphone x and macbook proOperating Systemios and mac os latest on april/2019 My Question or Issueon both phone and laptop, regardless of what playlist or song i am playing, after a few songs (usually 3-5), it keeps playing th...

•   Plan premium Country uk Device iphone x and macbook pro Operating System ios and mac os latest on april/2019   My Question or Issue on both phone and laptop, regardless of what...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

i miss the old behind the lyrics for iOS

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPod TouchOperating SystemiOS 12. My Question or IssueI miss the old Behind the Lyrics on the new Spotfiy app for iOS. These 2 posts below will explain all but TL;DR, it was prettier and it was snappier and I have been compl...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPod Touch Operating System iOS 12.   My Question or Issue I miss the old Behind the Lyrics on the new Spotfiy app for iOS. These 2 posts below w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Behind the lyrics
    Ideas
    iOS
    Lyrics.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are the Behind The Lyrics feature no longer available on the iPad?

Last night, I tweeted to Spotify Cares on twitter asking them why the Behind The Lyrics feature is no longer shown on the iPad, and today they tweeted back to me saying that i’s currently no on the iPad! How can it not be on the iPad now when it was ...

• Regular
  • Last night, I tweeted to Spotify Cares on twitter asking them why the Behind The Lyrics feature is no longer shown on the iPad, and today they tweeted back to me saying that i’s currently no on the i...
  • commute1
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played artists directs to artist profile

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueRecently, there was a change to the iOS app which effected the recently played feature. Before the update, tapping an artist on recently played would direct to the songs in m...

• Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Recently, there was a change to the iOS app which effected the recently played feature. Befor...
  • bd42
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • update bug
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

How to switch online?

Hi I have downgraded to the free package and it came up saying I needed to be online but I can’t seem to find where online is?as all of my songs from before Arnt there

• Regular
  • Hi I have downgraded to the free package and it came up saying I needed to be online but I can’t seem to find where online is?as all of my songs from before Arnt  there  
  • Xsarahlcx
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Cobi.Bike App

Why doesn‘t Spotify support the Cobi.Bike app on IOS?

• Why doesn‘t Spotify support the Cobi.Bike app on IOS?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Any way to play my saved songs by a single artist?

hi,As I'm sure most of you on this forum are aware of, the new UI removed a bunch of essential features. The thing I miss the most is being able to play saved songs I have from one artist from the 'artists' page. I rarely save an artist's entire disc...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, As I'm sure most of you on this forum are aware of, the new UI removed a bunch of essential features. The thing I miss the most is being able to play saved songs I have from one artist from th...
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes

Songs not playing

PlanFree CountryUSADeviceiPhone 8+ and iPad Air 4th(?) genOperating SystemiOS 10 There are two albums that I have finally managed to find after searching many apps for (including Spotify, it's just that originally they were very hard to find), but no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free  Country USA Device iPhone 8+ and iPad Air 4th(?) gen Operating System iOS 10   There are two albums that I have finally managed to find after searching many apps for (in...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs have to be double clicked?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or Issuesince the newest app update on, I want to say Sunday, my Spotify has become basically unusable on iOS. Clicking on a song on my phone doesn’t play the song. It just stops pla...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue since the newest app update on, I want to say Sunday, my Spotify has become basically unusable on iOS.&nb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs keep skipping - urgent

Hi I have a premium subscription and use Spotify playlists for my classes (I’m an pilates jnteuctor). The playlists seem to be working ok now but they have randomally starting skipping songs (playing about 10 seconds and then playing 10 seconds of an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have a premium subscription and use Spotify playlists for my classes (I’m an pilates jnteuctor).   The playlists seem to be working ok now but they have randomally starting skipp...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked one song, but whole album added to library

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone X / iPad ProOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWhen I favorite/like/add one song to my library and then go to Library > Albums, the whole album is displayed there, even though I just liked one song of ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPhone X / iPad Pro Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue When I favorite/like/add one song to my library and then go to Library ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update 8.5.0.833 won’t play via Airplay on iOS

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Devices: iPhone and iPad ProOperating System: iOS 12.1.x Since updating to Spotify 8.5, the music stops playing over Airplay devices after a brief second of sound, but the “play” / progress indicator / song count continues t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Devices: iPhone and  iPad Pro Operating System: iOS 12.1.x   Since updating to Spotify 8.5, the music stops playing over Airplay devic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer stop working

PlanPremiumMéxico DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2 In the recent app update 8.5.0.833 the equalizer stop working when you close the app. It looks like it is on the way you left it, but it sounds like the Flat mode, to fix it you need to select ...

• Plan Premium México   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2   In the recent app update 8.5.0.833 the equalizer stop working when you close the app. It looks like it is on the w...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random in 'Liked Songs' same every time.

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceiPad Pro (MU1U2LL/A)Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueEvery time I play my new 'Liked Songs' playlist on random I get the same songs in the same order. It's maddening. Please help. I have thousands of songs i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPad Pro (MU1U2LL/A) Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Every time I play my new 'Liked Songs' playlist on random I get ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Not receiving any notifications

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI activated all possible notifications in the respective tab, in particular the "New Music" and "Concert" ones as these are the ones I'm particularly interested in. However...

• Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I activated all possible notifications in the respective tab, in particular the "New Music"...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Notifications
    pop up
    push
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cannot change profile/display name?

My current Spotify display name is just a sequence of numbers. Is there any way I can change this?

• Regular
  • My current Spotify display name is just a sequence of numbers. Is there any way I can change this?
  • AppleG
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery drain-iphone 7

Hello battery is going down very fast when I’m using Spotify. What can I do?

• Roadie
  • Hello  battery is going down very fast when I’m using Spotify.  What can I do?
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Personal music on iPhone not showing on Spotify

PremiumUSA DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or Issue I used to have a section in my playlists called "Music on this Device" (or similar). Basically it was a link to all of my iTunes playlists and content and I could play it on Spoti...

•   Premium USA   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue   I used to have a section in my playlists called "Music on this Device" (or similar). ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes