Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Skipping like a scratched CD

PlanPremium iphone 7 latest update Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue when I’m playing my saved offline songs the playback is skipping like a scratched CD. Have tried force resetting the app and also turning ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  iphone 7 latest update Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   when I’m playing my saved offline songs the playbac...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Musixmatch playlist for identified songs not working

PlanFamily PremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPhone Operating SystemLatest iOS My Question or Issue I was using Musixmatch to identify musics and then sync the result to the playlist "Discovered by Musixmatch" It worked well previously. But recently I do...

• Plan Family Premium Country Australia   Device iPhone  Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue   I was using Musixmatch to identify musics and then sync the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stop playing a playlist after 3 or 4 tracks

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDevice(iPad 4 mini)Operating System(iOS) My Question or IssueHi, I have lately an issue with spotify app on my IPad 4 mini; the playlist stop after playing 3 or 4 tracks. I also noticed that the app stays showing the first tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device (iPad 4 mini) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue Hi, I have lately an issue with spotify app on my IPad 4 mini; the playlist stop after p...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Instagram stories will not share from Spotify following latest updates. You

Hello all. Definitely an issue again. Did the whole thing , uninstalled and reinstalled both Instagram as well as Spotify - several times! - does not solve the issue. Tapping the share to IG just takes me to the Instagram feed. Used to be a big in th...

• Hello all. Definitely an issue again.  Did the whole thing , uninstalled and reinstalled both Instagram as well as Spotify - several times! - does not solve the issue. Tapping the share to IG j...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps pausing on Iphone 7

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHi, I know this issue has been adressed many many times on the forum, but I’m starting to get very frustrated with Spotify. I listen to music all the time, and the fact...

• Plan Premium Country France   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hi,    I know this issue has been adressed many many times on the forum, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone app not fitting plus iPhone screen size

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 8+Operating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or IssueAfter the last update (the one to support the XS Max), when songs are played the player buttons do not go to the top of the screen where they are supposed t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 8+ Operating System iOS 12.1.2  My Question or Issue After the last update (the one to support the XS Max), when songs are played ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! After latest update app crashes constantly

Ios 10.3 I can get about 30-40 seconds playing and then it pauses. When I app switch back to Spotify it reloads and starts the song from the beginning and then crashes in the same spot. I skipped to next song and it does the same thing.

• Regular
  • Ios 10.3   I can get about 30-40 seconds playing and then it pauses.  When I app switch back to Spotify it reloads and starts the song from the beginning and then crashes in the same spot...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback stops when lock the screen

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.3 My Question or IssueWhen the screen was locked (auto or manually), the playback stops. Also, when you move on Settings menu of iOS or when you open another non audio playng app.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.3   My Question or Issue When the screen was locked (auto or manually), the playback stops. Also, when you move on Settings ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Heart button makes it easy to accidentally removed songs

I have a concern about teh heart button. It's always present even when viewing your favorite songs, which makes it very easy to accidentally click on it and removed songs by mistake without even noticing, this is even more vident on iOS where the son...

•   I have a concern about teh heart button. It's always present even when viewing your favorite songs, which makes it very easy to accidentally click on it and removed songs by mistake without e...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Phone does not respond to home button

I use Spotify on my iPhone 5. I get this bug often, though not always. When playing music with the screen locked, sometimes, when I press the home button, nothing happens. The phone does not respond at all. If I press the home button a second time, i...

• Regular
  • I use Spotify on my iPhone 5.  I get this bug often, though not always.  When playing music with the screen locked, sometimes, when I press the home button, nothing happens.  The phone...
  • ElainaD
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Looks like some front end issue in the devices menu

Plan : PremiumCountry: IsraelOperating SystemiOS 12.2 in the devices menu when connected to the BT device the green text overlays the grey one in the background, as can be seen below in the attachment

• Plan : Premium Country: Israel Operating System iOS 12.2   in the devices menu when connected to the BT device the green text overlays the grey one in the background, as can be seen be...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible Bug?

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone X Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWhenever I’m synced with a Bluetooth device or plugged into an AUX cord and I disconnect and lock my phone the music will begin to play again until a close t...

• Plan Premium   Country United States   Device iPhone X   Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Whenever I’m synced with a Bluetooth device  or plugged...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabet Scrollbar missing

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceIphone XOperating System(iOS 12 My Question or Issue Eversince I updated to the most recent version, the alphabet scrollbar that used to be on the right side of the “saved songs” playlist, now known as “liked songs” is go...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Spain Device Iphone X Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue   Eversince I updated to the most recent version, the alphabet scrollbar that u...
  • josedpb14
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

my iOS and macOS keeps playing one specific song.

PlanpremiumCountryukDeviceiphone x and macbook proOperating Systemios and mac os latest on april/2019 My Question or Issueon both phone and laptop, regardless of what playlist or song i am playing, after a few songs (usually 3-5), it keeps playing th...

•   Plan premium Country uk Device iphone x and macbook pro Operating System ios and mac os latest on april/2019   My Question or Issue on both phone and laptop, regardless of what...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

i miss the old behind the lyrics for iOS

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPod TouchOperating SystemiOS 12. My Question or IssueI miss the old Behind the Lyrics on the new Spotfiy app for iOS. These 2 posts below will explain all but TL;DR, it was prettier and it was snappier and I have been compl...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPod Touch Operating System iOS 12.   My Question or Issue I miss the old Behind the Lyrics on the new Spotfiy app for iOS. These 2 posts below w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Behind the lyrics
    Ideas
    iOS
    Lyrics.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are the Behind The Lyrics feature no longer available on the iPad?

Last night, I tweeted to Spotify Cares on twitter asking them why the Behind The Lyrics feature is no longer shown on the iPad, and today they tweeted back to me saying that i’s currently no on the iPad! How can it not be on the iPad now when it was ...

• Regular
  • Last night, I tweeted to Spotify Cares on twitter asking them why the Behind The Lyrics feature is no longer shown on the iPad, and today they tweeted back to me saying that i’s currently no on the i...
  • commute1
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played artists directs to artist profile

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueRecently, there was a change to the iOS app which effected the recently played feature. Before the update, tapping an artist on recently played would direct to the songs in m...

• Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Recently, there was a change to the iOS app which effected the recently played feature. Befor...
  • bd42
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • update bug
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

How to switch online?

Hi I have downgraded to the free package and it came up saying I needed to be online but I can’t seem to find where online is?as all of my songs from before Arnt there

• Regular
  • Hi I have downgraded to the free package and it came up saying I needed to be online but I can’t seem to find where online is?as all of my songs from before Arnt  there  
  • Xsarahlcx
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Cobi.Bike App

Why doesn‘t Spotify support the Cobi.Bike app on IOS?

• Why doesn‘t Spotify support the Cobi.Bike app on IOS?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Any way to play my saved songs by a single artist?

hi,As I'm sure most of you on this forum are aware of, the new UI removed a bunch of essential features. The thing I miss the most is being able to play saved songs I have from one artist from the 'artists' page. I rarely save an artist's entire disc...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, As I'm sure most of you on this forum are aware of, the new UI removed a bunch of essential features. The thing I miss the most is being able to play saved songs I have from one artist from th...
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes