Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Redesigned app

Solved!

New Redesigned app

Yesterday Spotify held an event and showcased the new things they were working on.

So when are they going to release the new app and the new free tier changes to everyone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Loxer,

The new Spotify free experience will be available on iOS and Android and will be rolling out globally to all markets in the coming weeks. ๐Ÿ™‚

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Loxer,

The new Spotify free experience will be available on iOS and Android and will be rolling out globally to all markets in the coming weeks. ๐Ÿ™‚

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Maxim

Thanks for clearing that out. I have two days checking for a new update but nothing was in the horizon. Since some mentioned that Spotify will release it soon then I thought it would be in the next 24 hours or so but I guess they will do it next week or after 2 weeks who knows. I have seen some already having that. How comes? Is there any place where we can sign up to receive Beta stuff from Spotify?

Thanks again!

All the best!

It's possible that some people have a feature before you do. More info on that can be found at https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my....

You can try signing up for the iOS Beta here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTIi79SK6m2Nomdm_zYQGDEaqaQJQ-4tTkka2FYlJNpSKV2Q/. Most of the time the updates only include bug fixes and improvements though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

MaximSpotify Star

Yes because someone posted an image of the new Spotify on his iPhone X in a tweet by The Verge a week before Spotify held their event.

About iOS Betas, do you think they affect Spotify in getting those Beta features?

I am asking because I have been in Beta and was until recently but nothing happened.

But I guess it's like a selection like that article you shared implied.

Thanks again! ๐Ÿค˜

That's right. Spotify doesn't provide any details about most tests, so I can't give you a clear answer to that question.

MaximSpotify Star

P.S. Here is the link to the tweet I mentioned above:

https://bit.ly/2Hv5cX8

I had to shorten it sorry, since the original link had a number that was permitted in the forums :'D

hey, I'm using the redesigned ver of Spotify and there's a premium tab, however, I cannot upgrade to premium in the get premium tab... What should I do?

Have you checked if it is available to your country?

Try to upgrade from their webpage.

Suggested posts