Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases

Solved!

New Releases

Hi, since i guess 4 weeks my 'new' releases doesn't update anymore. Reinstalling the app did not work. Update Spotify did not work.. Please can someone help me? 

iPhone 5S

Latest iOS

Latest version Spotify

Wow or is https://play.spotify.com/album/7zBQVUzNYH7A2Yu3bAgZyU the latest new release?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@sellinglennon @user-removed I start to think that this is due to the country restrictions/licensing.. some albums get released in a country at the later time?

@sellinglennon can you assist to check whether the new releases are the same on your Desktop (browse) too? and also, if you have another friend in the same country using Spotify, can you check whether your friend also face the same problem too?

Thanks bros.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

@sellinglennon wrote:

Hi, since i guess 4 weeks my 'new' releases doesn't update anymore. Reinstalling the app did not work. Update Spotify did not work.. Please can someone help me? 

iPhone 5S

Latest iOS

Latest version Spotify

Wow or is https://play.spotify.com/album/7zBQVUzNYH7A2Yu3bAgZyU the latest new release?!

have you tried logging out and back in? or if that doesn't work, trying turning the Device off and then back on.

Yes i have tried that. Doesn't help. What is the latest release on Spotify? 

New releases notifications are broken too at the minute, the Spotify guys are aware and looking into it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Okay, I haven't seen any new release in my iOS app since 4 weeks..

Thanks for not answering Spotify! I Will just pay monthly

@sellinglennon 

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 10.32.03 am.png

2014-06-25 10.31.52.png

What do you mean by not updating? Here's two pictures of browse on my desktop and my mobile that works perfectly ok..

Do I presume that you do not receive notifications for new releases?

I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi, my list of new releases isn't updating. No new albums..

@sellinglennon My New Releases tab shows new albums by G-Eazy, Ed Sheeran, and Phish. What is it showing for you? Also, is New Releases the only section of Browse that isn't updating?

Thanks for answering.

My new releases are:

Passenger - Black Monolith

Red Giant - Barrows

Kina Grannis - Elements

And these are my newest releases for about 5 weeks or longer..

Yes this one is the only one..

This is a really bizarre issue. I'm assuming you have tried uninstalling Spotify altogether and reinstalling it?

Yes i have tried to reinstall, but this doesn't work. 😞

darn, how bizarre. I really wish I could help you bud, I can't seem to think of anything else... Is this issue only on your iOS device and not on your desktop?

Marked as solution

@sellinglennon @user-removed I start to think that this is due to the country restrictions/licensing.. some albums get released in a country at the later time?

@sellinglennon can you assist to check whether the new releases are the same on your Desktop (browse) too? and also, if you have another friend in the same country using Spotify, can you check whether your friend also face the same problem too?

Thanks bros.
I'm here to shuffle!

I have installed Spotify on the Nexus of my wife. Same new releases. So it is a Holland problem 😠 so i'll just have to wait......

Thanks guys

@sellinglennon If you think there are new albums not rolling in.. I can escalate this issue to the Spotify Content team.

In some of my previous screenshots, you want to search whether those albums are available for you?

If you can provide proof that the new releases page is not updating correctly.. That's where I could assist! 🙂

I'm here to shuffle!

I can find the album d of how to dress well.. But i still think there is something wrong. If you want to do that? Thanks in advance!

Did you escalate it? 🙂

Hmm i have some new releases! 

But what is your top in the Spotify Top 100? 

Suggested posts