New layout makes everything way more complicated

Re: New layout makes everything way more complicated

Koogan
Casual Listener

Idk if you work for Spotify or something but you need to get rid of this new play pause layout; I can't use it with one hand and is just really agitating me a lot. And as you can see I'm not the only one. so please change it back to what it was about a month ago. I've been with Spotify for 4 years now and I'm seriously thinking about getting apple music or tile.

Koogan
Casual Listener

I'm with you on that.

Koogan
Casual Listener

Tidle

DMasterson

Is anything getting done about this? I'm in a family account with my partner, hers has stuck to the old format. Unbelievably better, don't know why anyone would ever think this would be an improvement. Please do something about it, making me want to delete the app. 

catadincu

I completely agree - the new layout is making me not use the app as often as before simply because I can't find anything that I like anymore.

The big mess that is now the "Home" tab just makes a long scrollable list of buried stuff that I can't use.

Even the content is different - the "Editor's picks" section is completely missing from mobile.

I used to get reccommendations for playlist suitable for different times of days, or mood etc...gone as well.

Hope Spotify reads this - for me the latest crop of updates make the app unusable.

AGirlHasNoUsrnm

I only just realized where my "liked songs" even are. I seriously do not understand the point of this change. They realize that not everyone likes a song and then automatically likes the band as a whole and the rest of the album, right? 

I mean, I don't understand how this isn't a downgrade... I'm extremely eclectic with music. I rarely like an entire album or can say I actually like a band or artist as a whole.

And Spotify basically wants me to use a playlist for all my needs and thinks this is an improvement for all. I don't know how because there has always been Artist and Album pages... They just took away your ability to browse artists you don't like enough to follow.

So, basically, whenever I like a song I have to also follow the artist if I don't want it to just be added to a gigantic playlist and search through that list every time I wanna hear it. Excellent. The future is truly here...

At least you can say you overhauled the look, Spotify! I guess that boosts stockholder confidence or something cuz companies just randomly do it about every other year, regardless of necessity or humans' well-known love of the familiar.

phillipp2013
Regular

That seems to work. Re installation got the layout we like.

EdC1

This is the first time I have ever posted anything on a community page and believe it or not the first time I've ever posted on the internet!

I am deleting my Spotify account today.

The new layout is so weird and badly thought out. I can't find anything I have downloaded easily, which makes using spotify on my commute and or without using data nearly impossible.

Is it a ploy to get you to use more data?

Anyway, I have been a premium member for 5 years, close to £600 invested over that time. Not a penny more im afraid.

Six months free Apple Music here I come!

Hope they eventually fix this and I may come back.

Peace out.

themerrypig
Casual Listener

Same problem here. Separately managing Liked Songs from albums in Library is time I don't have. I'm a several-hours-a-day user too and regularly download albums to try them out and then remove them if not. Too time consuming to add/remove the individual songs to Liked Songs too, so basically I am not using Liked Songs.

I'm not using Artists after the update either, since I don't follow any. 

I've no idea what Spotify's motivation for Songs and Artists changes, but I suspect they didn't consult users on how they actually like to use their service. Time to look at the other music providers out there.

cgp70

This has nothing to do with the issue. The whole layout is garbage now. Less is more. Bring it back to where it was a year ago.

SUGGESTED POSTS