UK

Device

iPad Air 2

Operating System

iOS 12.4

AFDE7832-90E6-4AEA-9631-6C0271B54F82.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. You might want to check out this FAQ for some more help, in that link you can see that the way to access the shuffle feature on a tablet is by clicking the album artwork in the sidebar!

If that doesn't sound like what your issue is, you might want to try deleting and redownloading.

Let me know how it goes, if these don't work for you I'll see what else I can come up with 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. You might want to check out this FAQ for some more help, in that link you can see that the way to access the shuffle feature on a tablet is by clicking the album artwork in the sidebar!

If that doesn't sound like what your issue is, you might want to try deleting and redownloading.

Let me know how it goes, if these don't work for you I'll see what else I can come up with 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Ok thanks but I don’t see why the ui just changed

Spotify is always trying to make their interface better for the userbase, so they test out new features pretty often! You can read more about that here.

If there's a feature you don't like, people often post on the Idea Submissions forum to discuss removal/bringing an old feature back.

Have a wonderful day 🙂

I still don’t have a shuffle button after redownloading and I don’t have a now playing bar at all as described in the FAQ... I’m at a loss as to how to stop my music shuffling on my iPad.

This isn’t solved!! There is no shuffle option on my iPad app. Really frustrating you’d remove this feature? Yes I know you can hit shuffle at the top but it doesn’t seem to work. Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 10.07.59 am.png

Agreed, not solved. Just reinstalled app, no shuffle button anywhere. Shuffle?Shuffle?

In this case they did not make it better.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently users should be able to tap the album artwork in the side menu to see the Shuffle mode option. 

If after a clean reinstall of the app you cannot see the Shuffle option, head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add your +Vote. This way you'll get notified as soon as there are any updates on the matter.

Let us know if the problem described in the Ongoing Issue thread is what you're experiencing. If not, we'd suggest logging in with a friends account to see if the user interface behaves the same way on the other account.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts