Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists disappearing.

Solved!

Offline playlists disappearing.

Hey!

I have playlists with a total of 800 tracks which I always sync to new devices. Recently, my iPhone tells me that I "have offline playlists on more than free devices etc" and just deletes every song I synced to my phone. Now this is happening once a **bleep**ing week. As soon as I sync all the playlists your app thinks it wise to just delete them. I don't have offline list on more than three devices but that is always the reason for the apps idiotic actions. I even changed the password to see to it that I am logged out from anywhere that I don't know of.

Why the **bleep** is this happening?

With love, TKL

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey jarmop, welcome to the Community.

It looks like our system might be getting confused as to how many devices you have registered for offline use. I can reset this information, but you'll need to resync your offline tracks again.

Would you like me to give it a go?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey jarmop, welcome to the Community.

It looks like our system might be getting confused as to how many devices you have registered for offline use. I can reset this information, but you'll need to resync your offline tracks again.

Would you like me to give it a go?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

That would be awesome! Thanks! 🙂

Ok, I've given it a go now. Let me know if that improves things.

The same thing is happening to me.  Could you please help?

Sevgili, you'd like me to reset your devices too? This will desync all your playlists.

Unfortunately this did not work.

I tried changing the password so I would be logged out everywhere, I deleted the offline playlists from my iPad and my playlist still disappears for the same reason as before. There are no other devices I have had offline playlists on that are still in use.

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. I *used* to have offline playlists on > 3 devices, but now only on my iPhone - but as the OP said: every week it gets reset and starts to sync all over again.

If such a counter could be reset for my account as well, I'd be more than happy.

This could also be filed as a bug I think, as Spotify does not seem to "release" the fact that an installation (on a desktop for instance) no longer has offline playlists.

This might then be related to an iPhone bug we're aware of that has been causing some offline syncing.
Please see this larger thread on the subject - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPod-Touch/Keep-losing-all-my-sync-tracks-for-offl...

I've been having a similar issue - but rather than it happening every week, it happens whenever I open spotify on my iPhone without connectivity (out-of-signal range, or abroad), and without oflfine mode explicitly enabled.

It complains about DNS failure, asks me to log in (which is incredibly frustrating, considering in this case I have no internet access), then when I find wifi/turn-on-data-roaming and log in it complains that I have offline playlists on multiple devices (I don't, I only use offline playlists on my phone) and deletes all of my offline playlists! It SUPER irritating when i'm abroad, because I suddenly have a music collection trapped on the other side of extremely expensive data-roaming charges until I can find a wifi hotspot (not always possible!)

Once again and for no obvious reason my playlist is desynced and I am being told I have more than three devices (I do not).

This has been happening for months, stopped for a while and now is back. I keep a large selection of music on my iphone so my music is mobile and is what I am paying Spotify to supply. It can take me a day to reload.

Totally fed up with this now.

Does anyone know if know if Napster has this issue as ready to switch now as I am fed to the back teeth with this now?

Hi Moderator

I have also having the issue of Spotify saying I am registered on too many devices and wipes my iPhone offline playlist. At present I am only using Spotify on my iPhone seeing as my Macbook Pro completely died on me.

Could you please fix this for me.... The total clearance of my offline albums is incredibly frustrating and it has done this two days in a row.

Thank you for you time

~ Tony

Hi Richard,

I am having similar problems, and hope you can help:

1. My offline playlist is continually disappearing, which I have to discover when I'm offline and need them!
  2. When offline, I open the app on either iPhone or iPad and am prompted to log in...which is impossible since I'm offline, and receive a DNS error.
  3. Also receiving the error message regarding the use of more than 3 devices...I'm on my desktop, my iPhone and iPad. Am I out of luck on this one?  At most I am using two at once during my many attempts to sync.
  4. When i am finally on line and trying to sync again, the desktop client tells me I have reached 1TB of capacity and need to delete some offline playlists.  I only have one, the one that keeps getting deleted.  My mobile devices and my laptop have plenty of GB to space.
  5. I followed the instructions in another forum to remove the app from my desktop and do a clean install.  This has not helped.
  6. In the rare event that I'm synced, the playlists will get stuck on a track that I own and uploaded myself.  The only way out is to click forward for the next track.

What do you recommend at this point?  The biggest incentive for Premium service was the offline/mobile ability, and over the last month it has gone downhill quickly. I went from 5-6 offline playlists to the 1 that I absolutely can't live without...and now I can't even listen to that one most of the time.  Please help!

Thanks,

Cristina

I'm having the same problem.  I haven't been able to keep tracks on my phone for more than 2 or 3 days without it saying "more than three devices are in offline mode..."  My phone is literally the only device I've ever enabled offline mode on.

Hello,

This should be remedied in the most recent update of the iOS client. Head over to your App Store and be sure to install any updates waiting for you!
Airhorn Enthusiast

This happens to me every couple days also. Since my daughter and I were sharing Spotify I figured she had it on her ipod, phone and computer hence the "three devices." So I got my own Spotify account and figured that would fix it. Well it didn't, I keep getting the message and I know it is only on my phone which is a Droid Galaxy. Any help would be appreciated!

This has just happened to me on my pc. last night everything was fine, turned the pc on today and no playlist is offline/synced.....

Hello Richard, I think I'm suffering from this also. Over the years I've had a number of iOS devices and naturally have Spotify loaded on all of them. What's the official way to get this sync-limit reset? I'd like it doing...

Regards

I have the exact same problem on my Android phone....

Same thing happens to me. Allthough the playlists I synced a while back are never affected. Only new playlists seem to dissappear. And this only appears to happen when the Spotify app is closed down, either by me or by ATK.

Suggested posts