Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Song stuck as saved

I keep trying to delete a song from my saved, specifically 'Somebody's watching me' and it just doesn't delete from my saved songs. I click the (x) to delete it from my library, but every time I come back, it's still there. It's stuck and I don't kno...

• I keep trying to delete a song from my saved, specifically 'Somebody's watching me' and it just doesn't delete from my saved songs.  I click the (x) to delete it from my library, but every time ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Every button including shuffle play gives me "You have discovered a premium feature"

Hello all, I've been having a problem since three days now, and can't find an answer.Every time I try to play a song, playlist, album or anything, I get the "You have discovered a premium feature" message, even while hitting "Shuffle play" which mean...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I've been having a problem since three days now, and can't find an answer. Every time I try to play a song, playlist, album or anything, I get the "You have discovered a premium ...
  • Arnoer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs play for about five seconds, then stop

I have a premium account and I’ve been having this issue for a while. I try to play any song, and it will pause about five seconds in. I close the app and try to restart but the problem persists.Just a couple notes for troubleshooting:1) I tried a re...

• I have a premium account and I’ve been having this issue for a while. I try to play any song, and it will pause about five seconds in. I close the app and try to restart but the problem persists. Ju...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Battery Drain

I have an iPhone 4S, and the Spotify app has been using 28-32% of my battery consistently, and I listened to music for 10 minutes (that only shaved off 1%) but still. I have a screenshot of my battery usage if need be. This is all happening in the ba...

• I have an iPhone 4S, and the Spotify app has been using 28-32% of my battery consistently, and I listened to music for 10 minutes (that only shaved off 1%) but still. I have a screenshot of my batter...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is not appearing my next song, neither playing now

Since that I made a download on my iPhone 8 Plus my next and actual song is not showing to me, so I cannot see what is the next song. I already update and reinstalled, but nothing changes. Below you can see the Screenshot of my problem.

• Since that I made a download on my iPhone 8 Plus my next and actual song is not showing to me, so I cannot see what is the next song. I already update and reinstalled, but nothing changes. Below you ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Why isn't there a simple "DOWNLOADS" folder on Spotify?

I used to be able to see a folder (?) listing of all the albums/songs I had downloaded on my phone but that no longer exists? Now I have to go searching through albums/songs and look for the green indicator? Why oh why can't they just be in one place...

• Regular
  • I used to be able to see a folder (?) listing of all the albums/songs I had downloaded on my phone but that no longer exists?  Now I have to go searching through albums/songs and look for the gr...
  • zeddog1493
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone App malfunction

Hi all,About a week ago the Spotify app made me login every time I opened the app, it never used to do that. Once I was in, all of my downloads that I was able to listen to offline were no longer download (this happened on my IPad as well). I message...

• Hi all, About a week ago the Spotify app made me login every time I opened the app, it never used to do that.  Once I was in, all of my downloads that I was able to listen to offline were no lo...
  • Ashleymarie014
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing music

When I go to play music with the new 8.4.43.908 update and I go to turn off my phone woke I would and put it in my pocket when my phone hits its 10 second mark it locks and I now can’t play music like I use to

• When I go to play music with the new 8.4.43.908 update and I go to turn off my phone woke I would and put it in my pocket when my phone hits its 10 second mark it locks and I now can’t play music lik...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Playlists Disapear

Have had a premium account for a little over two years. Currently running on an iPhone 7 with IOS 11.2.6 (latest release). I can download playlists and play them offline, but about every two weeks they disapear. Checking the library all the playlists...

• Visitor
  • Have had a premium account for a little over two years. Currently running on an iPhone 7 with IOS 11.2.6 (latest release). I can download playlists and play them offline, but about every two weeks th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing volume control in iOS - way to long

Spotify community, in relation to the Apple's iOS music app and various other players the is a very long way to go bevore you get to the volume control. Certainly the iOS device has hardware buttons but for the daily it takes just to long or is in my...

• Spotify community, in relation to the Apple's iOS music app and various other players the is a very long way to go bevore you get to the volume control. Certainly the iOS device has hardware butt...
  • Kobi11
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Download button missing

Hi,I have Spotify Premium on an Iphone and I have activated the download function.However, when I select an artist in my library, the download butto is missing.Thanks for your help

• Hi, I have Spotify Premium on an Iphone and I have activated the download function. However, when I select an artist in my library, the download butto is missing. Thanks for your help
  • JJ153
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Unplayable Songs (Local Files) Not Downloading on iPhone Playlist

Hi All, I have a playlist of about 1,200 songs on my Macbook Pro. About 300-400 of the songs on the playlist are "local files". When I play the playlist on my laptop, they all available and play fine. I am trying to sync this playlist with my new iPh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I have a playlist of about 1,200 songs on my Macbook Pro. About 300-400 of the songs on the playlist are "local files". When I play the playlist on my laptop, they all available and ...
  • nojank
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm trying to find this weird music video

It a really cool creative music video and this girls are rolling pencils on desks and the main singer has like a short green wig on at one point...

• It a really cool creative music video and this girls are rolling pencils on desks and the main singer has like a short green wig on at one point...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

FB Messenger sharing issue

So I keep getting this error “Not possible to share for an unknown reason. Try again at another time” whenever I try to share a song from the Spotify into a friend’s inbox via messenger app. What’s going on?

• So I keep getting this error “Not possible to share for an unknown reason. Try again at another time” whenever I try to share a song from the Spotify into a friend’s inbox via messenger app. What’s g...
  • wgoodman150
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically starts playing thru Bluetooth in my truck even when the app is closed

Just recently spotify starts automatically playing when my phone hooks up to the Bluetooth in my truck. Even when the app is closed on my phone. I am using an iPhone 6+ and I need to stop this or I will delete the app!

• Casual Listener
  • Just recently spotify starts automatically playing when my phone hooks up to the Bluetooth in my truck. Even when the app is closed on my phone. I am using an iPhone 6+ and I need to stop this or I w...
  • Kajowe
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

How can I view a history?

Can I view some kind o history on Spotify? I want to know the day that I saved and downloaded some albums, and I can’t remember it... so, is there a way to view the dates of my activities? Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Can I view some kind o history on Spotify?   I want to know the day that I saved and downloaded some albums, and I can’t remember it... so, is there a way to view the dates of my activities? T...
  • claricelee
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify keeps skipping on iphone 6

Spotify is constantly skipping on my iphone, it plays about 2 seconds of a song then skips to the next song in a playlist. If I try to pause the song it just skips on to the next one and resumes playing for 2 seconds, then on to the next song.I pay f...

• Spotify is constantly skipping on my iphone, it plays about 2 seconds of a song then skips to the next song in a playlist. If I try to pause the song it just skips on to the next one and resumes play...
  • Olie2012
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • iphone6
    Premium
    skipping
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify doesn't find internet connection after switching network from wifi to mobile

Dear all,since some days (maybe last update?) I have the problem that when I leave my home (Wifi) and go into my car and connect my iPhone with CarPlay (or only bluetooth... doesn't matter) Spotify shows "Spotify offline". But I have good LTE signal ...

• Music Fan
  • Dear all, since some days (maybe last update?) I have the problem that when I leave my home (Wifi) and go into my car and connect my iPhone with CarPlay (or only bluetooth... doesn't matter) Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I dont have one music

Hello. Friday MHD ft Ninho have post a music. my friends have it on Spotify but not me! what to do ?

• Hello. Friday MHD ft Ninho have post a music. my friends have it on Spotify but not me! what to do ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

play music on Instagram stories

Hi, why has spotify stopped playing music in the background on instagram stories?

• Hi, why has spotify stopped playing music in the background on instagram stories?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes