Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Repeat on by default

This is a follow up to this posted idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Leave-Repeat-Off/idc-p/1705614#M91365 I know how to turn off repeat. My post was that it turns on by default. I want it to be off by default. A...

• Composer
  • This is a follow up to this posted idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Leave-Repeat-Off/idc-p/1705614#M91365   I know how to turn off repeat.  My ...
  • phil_burness
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Enable Offline & Autoplay function

Spoiler (Highlight to read) I have a premium account but I can’t listening to music offline. Some of them don’t play when I don’t have an internet connection. Moreover, songs that I can listen to, don’t finish, I mean, they stop 5 or 3 seconds before...

•   I have a premium account but I can’t listening to music offline. Some of them don’t play when I don’t have an internet connection. Moreover, songs that I can listen to, don’t finish, I mean, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading using WiFi

I am a premium subscriber and have over 35000 minutes of play last year but I am quickly running out of patience. When I am attached to my 30mb WiFi at home my download speed to Spotify is literally one song an hour. Is there a fix for this? It’s eit...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium subscriber and have over 35000 minutes of play last year but I am quickly running out of patience. When I am attached to my 30mb WiFi at home my download speed to Spotify is literally ...
  • LanceH
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • wifi
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay Playlist Radio not working

IOS Version 8.4.3.884. Once playlist ends, autoplay won't play playlist radio. I've tried to disable and re-enable, but no luck. It was working fine until recently.

• IOS Version 8.4.3.884.   Once playlist ends, autoplay won't play playlist radio. I've tried to disable and re-enable, but no luck. It was working fine until recently.
  • tienxnguyen
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Search history list shortened on mobile.

What's the reasoning with shortening the saved search history list on the mobile version. I liked before the update when I was just able to go to my search history and have a large list of the bands I listened to. Don't get me wrong I like the fact t...

• What's the reasoning with shortening the saved search history list on the mobile version. I liked before the update when I was just able to go to my search history and have a large list of the bands ...
  • derpalo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SoundHound to Spotify Playlist Problem.

Hello! I use SoundHound and Spotify. I am registered with SoundHound and have Spotify Premium. Now I want to add songs from SoundHound to my Spotify Playlist. I created a playlist named "Soundhound" in Spotify (https://www.soundhound.com/soundhoundhe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I use SoundHound and Spotify. I am registered with SoundHound and have Spotify Premium. Now I want to add songs from SoundHound to my Spotify Playlist. I created a playlist named "Soundhound" ...
  • juanlajara
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

internet connection

My spotify is not working in online mode in my wifi connection.I have to say that there is no other problem in my wifi connection , and i use it properly in any application but spotify.I am sure that my spotify is not in offline mode also.I am using ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify is not working in online mode in my wifi connection.I have to say that there is no other problem in my wifi connection , and i use it properly in any application but spotify.I am sure...
  • griceo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! djay won't connect??

I'm trying to connect djay on my iPad to spotify. I hit log in to spotify on the djay app, which switched me over to my browser. It gave me the option of signing up or logging in. I hit log in, then hit connect through Facebook. But it continually sa...

• I'm trying to connect djay on my iPad to spotify. I hit log in to spotify on the djay app, which switched me over to my browser. It gave me the option of signing up or logging in. I hit log in, then ...
  • jenningsh2
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot see last song added to queue

Hi, I cannot see the last song added to my queue. I know it’s there because the top right corner still indicates it’s there and the song plays when it’s turn is up; however, I cannot move the last song up the queue unless I add one more song after it...

• Hi, I cannot see the last song added to my queue. I know it’s there because the top right corner still indicates it’s there and the song plays when it’s turn is up; however, I cannot move the last so...
  • aleitner29
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Libraries not syncing

Hello, I'm having trouble with my desktop and iphone app libraries not syncing. As in, the music saved on my desktop aren't being saved onto my phone. I have tried refreshing the app, logging out and back in, restarting my phone, without any luck. An...

• Hello, I'm having trouble with my desktop and iphone app libraries not syncing. As in, the music saved on my desktop aren't being saved onto my phone. I have tried refreshing the app, logging out and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Page won’t Display

So whenever I lookup a specific song or album it works fine. But when I search a specific artist or go to an artist page. It won’t load. Just a black screen. I’ve tried logging in and out. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It still ...

• So whenever I lookup a specific song or album it works fine. But when I search a specific artist or go to an artist page. It won’t load. Just a black screen. I’ve tried logging in and out. I even tri...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone X hot with battery drain

Hey guys. Installed Spotify on iOS today and have found my phone running hot. There seems to be draining the battery fast as well. I have background update turned off. Any body got any suggestions? Been using on wifi and with no downloading of songs ...

• Music Fan
  • Hey guys. Installed Spotify on iOS today and have found my phone running hot. There seems to be draining the battery fast as well. I have background update turned off. Any body got any suggestions? B...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Suggested Tracks

Hi,This really bothers me. On my phone (iPhone se), whenever I play a playlist, random songs that I don’t even like start playing. And, I am unable to skip them. But on my computer, this doesn’t happen. I just want to listen to my playlist, instead o...

• Hi, This really bothers me. On my phone (iPhone se), whenever I play a playlist, random songs that I don’t even like start playing. And, I am unable to skip them. But on my computer, this doesn’t ha...
  • carielizz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify offline

i recently got a messege "spotify is offline" and i tried everything to make it go away. i tried logging out and logging back in i tried changing the password, i tried deleting the app and reinstalling simply nothing works for me and apperently it lo...

• i recently got a messege "spotify is offline" and i tried everything to make it go away. i tried logging out and logging back in i tried changing the password, i tried deleting the app and reinstalli...
  • carielizz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

An error occurred

Hi all, Just tried to use Spotify on my iPad but getting this error message; An error occcured I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. Log in and outTurn wifi on and offHard reset iPad (power button and home held together) iOS 11.2.5Spotify v 8.4.40...

• Hi all,   Just tried to use Spotify on my iPad but getting this error message;   An error occcured   I have tried to uninstall and reinstall.  Log in and out Turn wifi on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium but can’t skip some playlists

I have Spotify Premium but can’t seem to skip songs on certain playlists, whether I have created them or someone else has. In the lock screen mode the forward and backwards arrows don’t work and in the actual playlists that are affected the little ba...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium but can’t seem to skip songs on certain playlists, whether I have created them or someone else has.  In the lock screen mode the forward and backwards arrows don’t work a...
  • St3phers22
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't connect to WIFI

Hi, I am a Premium Member and recently I have been unable to connect to Spotify on my Wifi network. However, it works fine when connected to 4G network. What is the fix for this problem?

• Hi,    I am a Premium Member and recently I have been unable to connect to Spotify on my Wifi network. However, it works fine when connected to 4G network.    What is the fix ...
  • Kimzip
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Beats Solo 3 Wireless play button not working on iOS 11 when on Spotify

Hi all, Updated my phone to iOS11 last night and now my bluetooth headphones's play button doesn't seem to respond when on Spotify. Volume buttons do. Tried the same controls on Apple Music and they seem to work perfectly fine. I suppose this will be...

• Hi all,   Updated my phone to iOS11 last night and now my bluetooth headphones's play button doesn't seem to respond when on Spotify. Volume buttons do. Tried the same controls on Apple Music ...
  • thomasstanding
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS] Lock Screen

Hey guys, I'm having a constant problem for the last week. When I lock my phone with spotify still playing. I'm unable to control anything from the lock screen. I can't pause the song, skip to the next one or go back to a song. I have to physically u...

• Visitor
  • Hey guys, I'm having a constant problem for the last week. When I lock my phone with spotify still playing. I'm unable to control anything from the lock screen. I can't pause the song, skip to the ne...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping abruptly mid-song to the next

Hi all,Since the Feb 20 update my songs have been skipping mid-song and going to the next song on the playlist. It happens and hen goes away, and can be hard to get through any single song. It could be because I am traveling internationally. This iss...

• Regular
  • Hi all, Since the Feb 20 update my songs have been skipping mid-song and going to the next song on the playlist. It happens and hen goes away, and can be hard to get through any single song. It coul...
  • Bigbirdlegend
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes