Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists on iphone stuck Loading...

Solved!

Playlists on iphone stuck Loading...

Hi,

I have had a problem from time to time when it comes to playlists on my iphone. Usually it works fine and I can sync the playlists on all my devices. But every once in a while my playlists on iphone get stuck in some sort of loading mode. It is usually around 50% of the playlists and they are titled Loading... in the list. When I try to look at the content of the playlists they are empty. 

Another thing, and probably the most annoying, is that my offline synced playlists keep unsyncing themselves when I have this problem. I have tried to do the things that people recommend with issues like this. I have synced my devices with my computer, reinstalled the iphone app a couple of times but it keeps coming back. 

Has anyone else had the same problems?

I must admit that it feels a bit ridiculous to pay 10€ / month for something that fails as often as the iphone app. Right now my playlists have been "loading" since yesterday. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Approved your image. Thank you for sharing it. Have a nice summer!

But try to re-install app, this should help.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi, did you or anyone else find a fix for this annoying problem..? It only started happening to me since the last iphone spotify app update. Im now using the latest version (0.5.1.74.gbdf7fe51) on my iOS 5.0 iphone 3gs and still having the problem. The app is basically useless!

When i close the app on my iphone or turn my phone off and then open Spotify when the phone is back on i loose all my recent playlists. When I get an internet connection the playlists then appear on the phone but stuck on 'Loading' and most of the time I can't open them. Sometimes some of them do load but I then need to download them all again to play offline.

I find this so annoying mainly because everything used to be ok until the last update. Like the OP said, I'm now paying £10 a month for basically nothing. I used to use the app for hours everyday but now I'm limited to all my old playlists which is bullsh*t!

I would really appreciate it if someone could help as this is really pissing me off at them moment, a complete let down by spotify!

I'm having the same issue.

iPhone 4 - iOS 5.1.1

The playlists wont load at all, it just stays stuck at the loading icon. Doesn't work over 3G or WiFi 

VERY Annoying, makes the App nearly useless.

Between this issue and not having the radio function, might as well just use the SpotON app instead

IMG_0480.PNG

Marked as solution

Approved your image. Thank you for sharing it. Have a nice summer!

But try to re-install app, this should help.

Hey I'm also having the same issue and I already uninstalled > reset > reinstalled but nothing. Try playlist remain on loading on both my iPhone & iPad. Things were fine but then it began to do that and now I can't sync any of my playlist nor sync local files.
Mendoza, Victor

This discussion thread has stagnated and someone has marked it as resolved. For anyone else who still has this problem, please add your problem description to this thread...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Playlists-Loading/td-p/81435/highlight/t...

The more people who comment, the more attantion this will get. If you are using a macbook and iphone combo, please highlight this in your problm description.

I am having the same problem with my iphone 4, all my playlist are now "Loading..." and dont ever load.  I wait 15 minutes and nothing gets loaded.  It used to work until about 10-14 days ago.  I sync with a windows 7 pc but I also do use a macbook pro with spotify to modify my playlists and listen with as well.  It seems it may be related to using your account with a Mac?  I am able to see my playlist folder names but it doesnt load the playlist names....I have deleted the app off my iphone multiple times and reloaded and get the same problem.  Anyone know what else to do here.  Spotify still works fine on both my pc and mac but just no on the iphone 4, though it used to.

are you still having the same issue?
Mendoza, Victor

Playlists won't load on iPhone 5s beginning today.

I tried reinstalling the app, signing out and in, and it didn't help. This morning, at the office it is working fine. What is different: 1) booted up work computer which automatically launches Spotify and 2) I'm on Sprint LTE, not WiFi. I can't wait to get home tonight and see if I have the same problem again. Stay tuned.

Suggested posts