Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Solved!

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Since yesterday I have Spotify premium. On my computer it works and stands at the top right "Spotify Premium."
But if I want to play songs from my iPhone I still get the message that this premium material and that I need to upgrade. How can I fix this? Because I've just subscribed to this so I can use Spotify on the iPhone.

78 Replies

I also have my spotify premium family on the computer when im logged on, but it doesnt work on the app on my iphone- it says "free". can somebody please look into this and fix it? 

@medwards7

You can log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email, your username will be displayed after you login.

Logout of the app in your phone, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My Spotify subscription works fine on my iPhone but I can't get it to work properly on my Macbook Pro. I've signed in and out 5 times. Tried signing in with Facebook. Please help. Thanks!

Hey @jordanperlson,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks for replying. I decided this was all too absurd, especially paying for a service that dicks musicians and songwriters over.
So I cancelled my subscription. Thanks tho.

Help please!! My premium subscription works on my pc but not on my iPhone nor iPad.  I tried logging in with my facebook account but it did not work.

any help will be appreciated 

ib

Hey @Ibarra,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have upgraded to premium How do i link my phone, ipod touch and computor to work off of 1 package?

I just bought spotify on the computer and can't log in on my phone. It says "you've already created an account with this email address"?? 

Worst service, ui and business model ever.

Just buy records. Less grief. More art.

Spotify premium is working on my laptop but not my Samsung Galaxy s7.

Hey @Shannonbess03,

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

yes I have the same problem and spotify have not solved it for me.  

Bought Premium tonight but I can't get it to work on Android. Keep logging in and out and it's not working as it keeps saying that skipping songs is a premium feature. Is there a way I need to sync devices or something like that? Please help!

Hey @Pazyn

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have been trying to figure it out all night but nothing works. I am extremely frustrated. My premium is connected to my Facebook and I am logged on through my Facebook on my phone and it will not work. Only works on my computer.

Hey @Malloryg13

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features. If you see a random number, that's your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook. If you see it in your receipt, you need to use the Log In with Facebook button.

More information can be found here.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

My dad got a family subscription and it worked for everyone’s else’s accounts but never did on mine. I finally got mine working on my computer and it works fine (although I annoyingly still recieve adverts) but it doesn’t work at all on my phone and when I look at my subscription it says free but on my laptop it rightly says premium when they are the exact same account. Please help! Thanks 

Hey @Lia1206

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your phone, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts