Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio thumbs up/down gone

Radio thumbs up/down gone

I have the premium plan and my radio dislike buttons are gone. There is just a heart to add it to the library. I’m not talking about the daily mix playlist. Just the actual radio stations. I was under the impression that premium customs get to dislike and like songs on their radio stations. It’s like this on my iPhone and my laptop. Is this a new update? 

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

iphone and windows 

7 Replies

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @desinoel !

I have seen a lot of people asking about this, so I investigated the issue on my own Spotify account, and this is what I have found!

• Song Radios and Artist Radios:
    • These are now public playlists, meaning that they are curated around the sound of the artist or song that is the Radio's inspiration, rather than the preferences of the listener.  The playlists have followers, which means they are not personalized for you individually.  Because of this, you can not like or dislike the songs, as the playlist works like any other public playlist that you could follow.  Here are examples that show the follower counts for Song and Artist Radios:Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.47.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.48.26 PM.png

• Playlist Radios:
    • These are still personalized!  If you want to find songs similar to a playlist of songs you like, the Playlist Radio allows you to like and dislike songs.  This works both for playlists that you make yourself or public playlists made by others.  Here is what a Radio for one of my playlists looks like, for reference.  You can see how there is the option to like and dislike songs, it says "Playlist Radio" above the title rather than "Playlist," there is no option to follow it, and there are no stats such as song count and playlist length because it's a Radio rather than a static playlist.Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 5.48.52 PM.png

I hope this helps!

What are you talking about? I have thoroughly tried every way of listening to tracks, by album, in a radio, in a private playlist, etc. - there are no thumbs down options anywhere. I've been trying to veto one track in particular because Spotify is in a bad mood today and more than likely I've only managed to make it think I like it as click around trying to find the thumbs down. So far today I just keep getting more tracks like it, because of this. WHERE IS THE THUMB DOWN?? On any track, at any time. Please. I'm on windows in a desktop app.

Hey @cselliott - help's here 🙂

Could you first try a quick clean reinstall of the desktop app?

If you're still not seeing the thumbs-up/-down, could you right-click on a playlist and select 'Go to Playlist Radio', hover over a song in the playlist radio and then take a screenshot of what you see? We'll take a closer look and see what's happening 😉

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Ok - I finally found "Playlist Radio". When a song is playing that I like, first I have to make a whole new playlist out of it. Then have to go to Playlist Radio using the playlist hamburger menu. Then I get the thumbs - but I also have to make a new playlist for the songs that I like. What a pain.

I Couldn't find any thumbs down option for playlist radio on Spotify mobile. There's only "hide this song" option which would only hide the song for a temporary period. I'm tired of this new update. Spotify station app has that thumb down option. Spotify has to bring back the old radio algorithm to it's all platforms.

Hi there @Akash_AS,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts