Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.3.2

My Question or Issue

When listening to any playlist or song, every few songs mid song the song will switch to a random song in no playlist or library on my account.

5 Replies

Hey @123sem4, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try reinstalling the Spotify app following these steps? Also, just to be safe - please reset your password here.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Two years later, I’m still having this same problem. The solutions posted here do not work, I have tried them several times. I have made my own reports about this problem several times and they have all been ignored. For more details please see my other posts and fix the problem. 

Hey there @emma013

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

In this case, we suggest that you reach out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your account and give you a hand with this.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, this same problem just occurred for me. Do you have a fix for this bug of music just playing randomly when the phone is locked? Thank you!

Hey @SJ20,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

First, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Also, make sure to log out everywhere to avoid playback of being controlled from a different device. 

However, if the issue still persists, we'd suggest reaching out to our Support team so they can check your individual account and help you further with this.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts