Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.1.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.1.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 1.1.0
  • New: Introducing Your Music, a better way to save, organise and browse your favourite music.
  • New: Play the same song over and over with Repeat One. Now available for Premium users and free users on iPad.
  • Fixed: Smoother track skipping.
  • Fixed: We've banished some crashes.
  • Fixed: You can now delete Radio stations.

#iOS #1.1.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When downloading tracks for offline use, the progress bar will likely not show up. We want to fix this in the next release.
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
Community Ergo Sum
46 Replies

Is this "Your Music" for ipad too? Or only for iphones?

Has the ipad also the new look in 1.1.0?

I have the new 1.1.0 update and the album cover art inside the Spotify App is still a lower resolution compared to the lock screen album cover art.
I'm using iOS 7.1 on a iPhone 5S

For iPad, No and No I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

darn what a pity 😞

Is it coming for ipad?

Yep, album art is still low res. it will hopefully be fixed I'm the next update.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"New: Play the same song over and over with Repeat One. Now available for Premium users and free users on iPad."

How exactly do you do this? I would've assumed touching the repeat button would cycle through repeat one/repeat all/repeat off but this isn't the case. It goes from repeat off to repeat all. Where is repeat one?

@gooner_47 wrote:
"New: Play the same song over and over with Repeat One. Now available for Premium users and free users on iPad."

How exactly do you do this? I would've assumed touching the repeat button would cycle through repeat one/repeat all/repeat off but this isn't the case. It goes from repeat off to repeat all. Where is repeat one?

It would seem we were a bit hasty in mentioning Repeat One, so I've removed it from the community's release notes for now.

Very sorry about the confusion.

Community Ergo Sum

Ok thanks. Are there plans to add this to iPhone too?

Repeat one should be coming to iOS and android apps soon
MattSudaSpotify Star

Spotify, thank you for adding this Release Notes for 1.1.0
I had to post in the previous version (0.9.3) as this was the latest one showing, so my previous reply can now be removed :

Device - iPhone 3GS
Version 1.0.0.3251
Playback - Offline Mode

I too had issues with the latest update (which for some reason Spotify aren't listing in the updates section, it still shows 0.9.3)
I have no issues with the PC based version

The first issue was the constant Bluetooth connection loss
I thought it might have been the iPhone 3GS itself, but I have confirmed it is not as it works perfectly well with any other application
This has slowly resolved itself and only loss connection twice now

The next issue was the very slow response
Intially this was horrendous, pressing Track Forward (Bluetooth) and I had to wait nearly two minutes before there was a response
In that time the next track may have already have started
A consequence of this was Bluetooth loss!

I then noticed from the Playlists that I have that this issue started every time a specific Local File was played
So I went back to my PC and deleted this from the Local Files from the two Playlists
The Playlists on my iPhone then updated
After this I then retested in my car and the issue was resolved

I then went back and placed the Local File back into these two Playlists
I don't lose Bluetooth connection any more and Track Forward is responsive again

However, as soon as this Local File is encountered the text display on the Bluetooth display does not show, it continues to show the previously played track
When the next track commences or Track Forward is used it is back to normal
ie, what is displayed on the iPhone does not match the Bluetooth connection

Any ideas?

Local File :
Believe by DJ Quicksilver
Other files from this same album are loaded as Local Files and play without any issue

@mjkerr wrote:

Device - iPhone 3GS
Version 1.0.0.3251
Playback - Offline Mode
Version 1.1.0 has finally appeared in the AppStore
Now Installed so will test it by Thursday (24 April) and compare

I want to thank Spotify for releasing this update.  It fixes the main issue that was driving me insane on a daily basis, which was the track lagging when skipping to the next song.

There is still a slight oddity though.  The beginning of a track seems to cause a little trouble with the timer.  The song starts at the two second mark instead of zero.  I can see the timer struggling to display the time properly at the beginning of the track.  No big deal but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this.

Also, the repeat one feature never materialized.

Iphone 3GS, iOS 6.1.

THANKS SPOTIFY!!

has the 10K song limit been removed in Your Music-this is a drag

I just added this line back to the original release notes:

New: Play the same song over and over with Repeat One. Now available for Premium users and free users on iPad.

The option to repeat one track should be making its way back as we speak.

Simply tap the repeat button twice and keep listening to that one track over and over and over...

Community Ergo Sum

"no and no for iPad"

:-(((((

The update solves the problem of lag when skipping Songs or re-opening the app, but another problem popped up:

When I play a Song I imported from my Mac, the lock screen doesn't show the appropriate information. Instead it is stuck on the last song played from the spotify library and keeps on adding to the playtime (my "record" is over 2 hours on one song...).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

@SeriousFox wrote:

The update solves the problem of lag when skipping Songs or re-opening the app, but another problem popped up:

When I play a Song I imported from my Mac, the lock screen doesn't show the appropriate information. Instead it is stuck on the last song played from the spotify library and keeps on adding to the playtime (my "record" is over 2 hours on one song...).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

@SeriousFox This is a bug. It has been in the app since a few weeks ago in version 1.0. The developers are aware of this and hopefully it will be fixed in the next udpate.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@nonstopdigital wrote:

I want to thank Spotify for releasing this update.  It fixes the main issue that was driving me insane on a daily basis, which was the track lagging when skipping to the next song.

There is still a slight oddity though.  The beginning of a track seems to cause a little trouble with the timer.  The song starts at the two second mark instead of zero.  I can see the timer struggling to display the time properly at the beginning of the track.  No big deal but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this.

Also, the repeat one feature never materialized.

Iphone 3GS, iOS 6.1.

THANKS SPOTIFY!!

This happens to me either. But it doesn't disturb, it's a one-second delay.

I noticed that the music starts playing before all the data is loaded, so then finally the info gets into the screen, it already played for a second.

It's not a big deal from my point of view... at least the most annoying bug is corrected. I'm gonna re-subscribe to Premium now.

Thank you, Spotify!

Repeat track mode is now on iPhone and iPad! THANK YOU! Release notes said just iPad but it's working for me on iPhone too!
MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts