Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.4.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.4.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 1.4.0
  • New: You can now view and control your Play Queue. (iPhone)
  • New: To avoid duplicates, we'll ask you to confirm if you add a song to a playlist twice. (iPhone)
  • New: Say hello to sorting and filtering in Your Music. (iPhone)
  • Fictitious: This app is obsessed with penguins.

#iOS #1.4.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • We are looking into fixing iPad rotation with version 1.5, but keep in mind it may slip to a later update.
  • Filtering and sorting in Your Music is not rolled out to everyone yet. We'll be rolling it to more users every day. Apologies for any confusion.

Update for version 1.4.1: Only some minor backend fixes.

Community Ergo Sum
101 Replies

Oobermann: You can now automatically sort the playlists within "Your music" alfabetically, but not the tracks within a playlist. Sorting tracks within a playlist is still a manual job it seems. 

I am currently in the "Playlists" tab in My Music and I can't see any option to sort playlists alphabetically? I just have edit in the top right hand corner which brings up the option to delete playlists I have created

OobermannDry dragging the screen down a bit and a filterbox should be visible. To the right of this is a button that lets you choose sorting method. If you don't see the filterbox try to force quit the app and restart. I had to do this.

Forced closed the app, restarted my phone. Reinstalled app. Restarted my phone! Still no option. Can you post a print screen of what I should be seeing? Thanks 🙂

Oobermann
Like this:

Filterbox.PNG

Thanks 🙂 I am not getting that filter box! Do not know what else to try! 😞

@Oobermann wrote:

Thanks 🙂 I am not getting that filter box! Do not know what else to try! 😞

And you're sure youäre on 1.4?

Could you screenshot your settings screen where it shows your version, and your playlist screen after dragging down? I can show this to our QA folks.

Community Ergo Sum

Here

Photo 03-07-2014 14 10 54.png

And this is after I have scrolled down

Photo 03-07-2014 14 11 17.png

And if you drag playlists all the way down, i.e. scroll all the way to the top?

Community Ergo Sum

This

Photo 03-07-2014 14 18 42.png

And that is scrolling to the bottom of my playlists

Photo 03-07-2014 14 21 01.png

Thanks for your effort @Oobermann . I asked around and it turns out that filtering and sorting hasn't been rolled out to everyone yet.

I'm very sorry for the confusion; I guess that can happen when you have so many different people and teams working on different features.

In the mean time I've updated my original announcement with this note:

Filtering and sorting in Your Music is not rolled out to everyone yet. We'll be rolling it to more users every day. Apologies for any confusion.

Community Ergo Sum

Okay 🙂 Thanks for getting to the bottom of it for me! Will be an awesome feature when I finally get it!

I am disliking this "staged feature rollout" from Spotify more and more. I wonder how much time is spent figuring out why a feature isn't showing for certain users. I bet a lot. This results in frustrated users and much time wasted.

At least if the developers have to do a staged rollout specify in atherelease notes (in the appstore, not just here) that it is so.

So Just verifying...With the Sorting feature, when I receive it, I can sort my playlists alphabetically, but not my tracks in that playlist?

TravisM661: Yes thats right. The filterbox is present for filtering tracks in a playlist, but the sorting options seems to be missing.

😞 great....I got excited then! Thats the only feature I want!

The filter and three bars don't show above the album cover when you drag down the track listing like it does on android? Maybe that's still to come then.

TravisM661: My guess is this will be introduced soon. It is actually possible to select sorting by "Title" under "Songs" in "Your Music" so it would be strange not to introduce this for tracks inside playlists also

Suggested posts