Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.8.0)

• New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone.
  • New: Spotify can now speak Swedish, and Québécois on iOS 8.
  • Fixed: Various new bugs on iOS 8.
Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well, I got sick of waiting for the crashing problem to be fixed. Deleted the app from my iPhone. Then reinstalled it. And it now works. It's a major pain having to re-download thousands of tracks to my offline playlists, but better that than being without music. This is not the first time I've had to do a delete/reinstall after an iOS app update, but I hope it's the last...

View solution in original post

52 Replies

Great News for our Apple users!!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Once again, no My Music on iPad.

A simple OFFICIAL response from spotify is all we want! This would do a lot to appease us, and limit the assumptions and accusations.

Spotify, are you able legally to provide my music on iPad? If so, when is it coming?

Quebec language update SMH.

My Iphone 6 still keeps on crashing after the app startup even with this update. I can see the logo but after aprox. 10 sec. ithe app crashes.

Please work on this and provide an solution ASAP.

To see what is happening, here the output log. 

Oct 2 13:52:02 iPhone-6-Daniel kernel[0] <Notice>: xpcproxy[234] Container: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/FE47232A-9F09-4D9A-8C7E-C5C88E024943 (sandbox)
Oct 2 13:52:02 iPhone-6-Daniel locationd[58] <Notice>: Gesture EnabledForTopCLient: 0, EnabledInDaemonSettings: 0
Oct 2 13:52:02 iPhone-6-Daniel Spotify[234] <Error>: assertion failed: 12A405: libxpc.dylib + 51947 [ACFE5F1E-68D9-3D24-9B65-D604403A9625]: 0x7d
Oct 2 13:52:02 iPhone-6-Daniel Unknown[234] <Error>:
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Forcing crash report of <FBApplicationProcess: 0x15dde4f60; Spotify; pid: 234> (reason: 1, description: com.spotify.client failed to launch in time)
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel ReportCrash[235] <Error>: task_set_exception_ports(B07, 400, D03, 0, 0) failed with error (4: (os/kern) invalid argument)
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Finished crash reporting.
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.spotify.client[0x59f2][234]) <Notice>: Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Application 'UIKitApplication:com.spotify.client[0x59f2]' exited abnormally via signal.
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel SpringBoard[51] <Warning>: Unable to deliver -[UIRemoteApplication showTopMostMiniAlertWithSynchronizationPort:] message to port 0: (ipc/send) invalid destination port
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel wifid[38] <Notice>: WiFi:[433943543.472384]: Foreground Network Application entered.
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel wifid[38] <Notice>: WiFi:[433943543.473346]: BG Application: Not Present, BG Daemon: Present. Daemons: lockdownd assistantd apsd
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel wifid[38] <Notice>: WiFi:[433943543.473731]: problematic networks = and potentially problematic networks =
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel wifid[38] <Notice>: WiFi:[433943543.474093]: Unblacklisting
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel wifid[38] <Notice>: WiFi:[433943543.474554]: Device NOT POWERED. Skip programming Background Scan
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel wifid[38] <Notice>: WiFi:[433943543.474978]: __WiFiManagerSetEnableState: state TRUE, manager->enable.setting TRUE, manager->unlockedSinceBoot TRUE
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel wifid[38] <Notice>: WiFi:[433943543.476380]: Auto association attempt canceled because device is not powered.
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel locationd[58] <Notice>: Gesture EnabledForTopCLient: 0, EnabledInDaemonSettings: 0
Oct 2 13:52:23 iPhone-6-Daniel ReportCrash[235] <Notice>: Saved report to /var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Spotify_2014-10-02-135223_iPhone-6-Daniel.ips

Just updated, and the app is now completely unusable on my 5S running iOS 8—it crashes whenever I launch it. Simply ridiculous that this could be allowed to occur.

Still hasn't fixed the broken crossfader - also, it thinks that gapless play is a premium thing!

Can someone please provide an official reason for the removal of the album dividers in the Artists section of Your Music?  We've had at least three versions without them, after the two or so that included them.  What gives?

I need some sort of official explanation or I'm waving Spotify goodbye, because I can't think of ONE technical reason to remove them.

Also, swipe to delete tracks in playlists is still missing.  Seriously guys -- this is comical.  It reminds me of waiting in line to get inside a bar, one in, one out.  Add a feature, remove a feature.  Fix a bug, remove a feature.  It's goddamn frustrating, and without word from some developers on what the hell is going on, it's simply irrational and inexcusable.

This version is broken.

I've installed the latest version and now it will not play over airplay when the device goes to sleep or if the app isn't active.

So many unaddressed things. *facepalm*

Spotify is a joke when it comes to everything related to problems and request from actual users that PAY for their completely broken services. Double facepalm!

App crashes everytime I open it.  Never gets past the startup screen.

As a Premium customer, I would expect that the one thing that I'm paying for (use of Spotify on a mobile device) would work. The app works fine on my iPad Air w/ iOS 8, but it will not get past the splash screen on my Verizon iPhone. It did work when I first upgraded to iOS 8, but the first Spotify app update broke it. This absolutely needs to be fixed.

Ever since i updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8 my phone has been crashing, even with this update. Once i open the app ill see the Spotify logo for about 10 sec then the app crashs. 

Per wrote:
  • New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone.

Woo! Now I just need to save up the several hundreds of dollars for a CarPlay-equipped head deck (I can dream, I can dream... one day) 😛

@jmatcuhi wrote:
Once again, no My Music on iPad.

A simple OFFICIAL response from spotify is all we want! 

It's been confirmed that the new iPad version is in development (somebody correct me if I'm wrong there, it was confirmed on Twitter, I believe?). Seems like the new black look for the app will be released alongside with Your Music and (hopefully) Discover as well.

Geez, I was popping over here to comment on the ridiculous idea of implementing CarPlay before the most requested feature by far (Chromecast) but I didn't realize the iOS version had as many problems as the Android app. To everyone requesting fixes/new features/responses from Spotify, I wouldn't hold your breath.

We've been waiting for more than a year for any word on Chromecast and they haven't said a thing. The developers also wrote the Android app so poorly that one person apparently hacked it and they had to replace it entirely (not just an update), but they updated it with a completely broken version and snuck in a bunch of permissions they didn't explain. So if it's any consolation, the developers are just as incapable of rapid iteration (without breaking other features) on all the major mobile platforms.

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

I noticed in the previous version of the iOS app, on iOS 8, when playing a song on radio, there was an extra button on the lockscreen that had options to thumb up/down songs, and an option to save the song to Your Music as well (however the save option was grayed out).

The option appears to have disappeared as of this version. 

Does anyone have any idea what that option was exactly? Any idea if it is returning as well? It would've been cool to see it fully implemented! (as in not just for radio)

1.8.0 still crashing on my ipad 3 as 1.7.0 did after IOS 8 upgrade = Useless!

The dividers were really cool. 😞

I also had loads of problems with Spotify on my IPOD this morning. Nothing worked this morning until I connected to wifi. Just got the 3 dots when going into my offline albums 😞 

Is there a way to roll this back

I like how they closed the other thread without bothering to see if it fixed the issues people were having.

I'm on 1.8 and the app still crashes nearly every time I try to play a song.

Are spotify going to fix this? Also what about the 2+ weeks of being unable to use the service we are paying for?

Suggested posts