Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution When I open Spotify it mutes other audio streaming

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 16.1 My Question or Issue There is an error with the app in iOS.As soon as ypu open the Spotify app it mutes other streaming audio sources. So if I am listening to radio in another app and wa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 16.1   My Question or Issue   There is an error with the app in iOS. As soon as ypu open the Spotify app it mut...
  • inpersona
  • 49 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 49 replies
  • 16 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can no longer add local files to playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 16.3.1) My Question or IssueI’ve been having this issue since the recent update replacing the hearts with the plus. When clicking the three dots next to a song from my local files, ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 13) Operating System (iOS 16.3.1)   My Question or Issue I’ve been having this issue since the recent update replacing the hearts with...
  • Gaw00
  • Visitor
  • 46 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Auto playlists with multiple artists

Hello, Recently I made a playlist where I only selected artists (3) and then Spotify added songs based on those artists or similar. How do I do this again? PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceIphone X IOS15

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Recently I made a playlist where I only selected artists (3) and then Spotify added songs based on those artists or similar.   How do I do this again?   Plan Premium C...
  • CharleyBarley
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS] Unable to play artists top songs if I saved to library

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 14 ProOperating SystemiOS 17.5 My Question or IssueI am unable to play songs from an artist on their artist page (their top songs) if I’ve saved any of their songs to the library. As soon as I click a song,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 14 Pro Operating System iOS 17.5   My Question or Issue I am unable to play songs from an artist on their artist page (their top songs)...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blend isn’t showing user activity.

My Spotify blend playlist hasn’t been showing a box with user activity for two days when I have been clicking on the little profile pictures.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify blend playlist hasn’t been showing a box with user activity for two days when I have been clicking on the little profile pictures.
  • Velkan
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Why does spotify use 2 out of the 4 speakers on the ipad

As I said on the title, I noticed that Spotify uses only 2 of the ipad 4 speakers. I’m sure they are fully functional.i do have the premium plan, so is it some settings problem ? my device is an iPad Pro 11 2020 currently on iOS 17

• As I said on the title, I noticed that Spotify uses only 2 of the ipad 4 speakers. I’m sure they are fully functional. i do have the premium plan, so is it some settings problem ?  my device i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song keeps cutting

PlanFreeCountryIrelandDeviceiPhone 15Operating System(iOS 17.4.1) My Question or IssueI’ve tried googling this exact issue and it keeps saying it’s a network issue but it’s only one specific song, there’s this one Chinese song called 要不然我们就这样一万年 and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Ireland Device iPhone 15 Operating System (iOS 17.4.1)   My Question or Issue I’ve tried googling this exact issue and it keeps saying it’s a network issue but it’s o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My volume keeps going up. Uninstall/reinstall doesn’t work.

I pay a lot of money for this app. Please don’t direct me to fifty threads where countless numbers of people are asking the same question. Consumers should not be responsible for figuring out how to fix your service. You should pay qualified technici...

• Visitor
  • I pay a lot of money for this app. Please don’t direct me to fifty threads where countless numbers of people are asking the same question. Consumers should not be responsible for figuring out how to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Intermittent carplay

PlanPremiumCountryukDevice(iPhone 15Operating System(iOS 17.4.1 My Question or IssueHi, often when I connect to CarPlay all seems to be working, skip buttons change track, but no sound.car is 2016 Audi connected by usbphone changed 3 months agoregard...

• Plan Premium Country uk Device (iPhone 15 Operating System (iOS 17.4.1   My Question or Issue Hi, often when I connect to CarPlay all seems to be working, skip buttons change track, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t log into iOS app after resetting password

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 11 Pro Operating SystemiOS 17 My Question or IssueReset password recently after notification of “suspicious activity” (note: did not use link in email). Attempting to log into app causes it to claim I’m offline after ...

•   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 11 Pro  Operating System iOS 17   My Question or Issue Reset password recently after notification of “suspicious activity” (note: did...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Audiobooks locked on ios app but plays on desktop and web player

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XOperating System(iOS 16.7 as the title says, i'm unable to play audiobooks through the app but i'm able to listen everywhere else. When I add to my library and try to listen on my phone, i'm prompted to purchase the ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone X Operating System (iOS 16.7   as the title says, i'm unable to play audiobooks through the app but i'm able to listen everywhere else. Whe...
  • user1238873
  • Visitor
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Double-tap for reverse sorting is missing

I've disliked this missing functionality for .. years. literally. If you create your own playlists it keeps it sorted by old to new meaning recently added songs get added at the end. On Android and on the Desktop version it is different, here you can...

• I've disliked this missing functionality for .. years. literally. 😉 If you create your own playlists it keeps it sorted by old to new meaning recently added songs get added at the end. On Androi...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Go to song location in playlist

In Android I can start playing a specific playlist, and clicking on the playlist’s name on top of the screen takes me to the position in the playlist where the current song is located. Why is this behaviour not available on iOS? It is really annoying...

• Casual Listener
  • In Android I can start playing a specific playlist, and clicking on the playlist’s name on top of the screen takes me to the position in the playlist where the current song is located.   Why i...
  • gillscape
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution New issue with volume changes :/

it does not have any effect on local fileswhen I remember it used to just the same. not anymore. Plan/PremiumCountry Deviceiphone13 proOperating System(latest.) My Question or Issuevolume changes work fine nowbut only on spotify songsNOT local songs,...

• Gig Goer
  • it does not have any effect on local files when I remember it used to just the same.  not anymore.    Plan /Premium Country   Device iphone13 pro Operating System (late...
  • zipoxtra
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution finding podcasts on spotify kids

I am not able to get to podcasts from my kids spotify account on the spotify kids app on ipad. As an example one of my kids is setup with age 6-12 and I am not able to find the national geographic greeking out podcast on that app

• Visitor
  • I am not able to get to podcasts from my kids spotify account on the spotify kids app on ipad. As an example one of my kids is setup with age 6-12 and I am not able to find the national geographic gr...
  • holzy_by
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I stop getting in-app concert recommendations?

I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way.How can I stop it? PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceIPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 17.1

• Regular
  • I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way. How can I stop it?   Plan Premium Country UK Device IPhone 12 Operating System iOS 17.1      
  • IpadFail
  • Music Fan
  • 166 replies
  • 78 likes
  • 166 replies
  • 78 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding song multiple times to playlist

With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add songs multiple times to my playlist as I sort by recent...

• Visitor
  • With one of the latest iOS app updates, the new checkbox style playlist selector when adding a song to a playlist doesn’t allow for a song to be added to a playlist more than once. I like to add song...
  • JillianJillian
  • Visitor
  • 45 replies
  • 37 likes
  • 45 replies
  • 37 likes

Superuser Contribution Shazam not adding ANY previously Shazamed tracks, only new ones

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueShazam is synching new Shazams to my playlist on Spotify, but not my previously existing ones.I have already disconnected and reconnected my Spotify and Shazam...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Shazam is synching new Shazams to my playlist on Spotify, but not my previously exi...
  • Bahamut2
  • Casual Listener
  • 45 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 45 replies
  • 35 likes