Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smart shuffle turning itself on for Liked Songs (IOS)

Solved!

Smart shuffle turning itself on for Liked Songs (IOS)

When I open Liked Songs, Smart Shuffle is automatically turned on. 1) When I turn it off, then swipe out of my Liked Songs and go back into it, Smart Shuffle is turned on again. 2) When I log out and log back in again, Smart Shuffle is off every time I go into Liked Songs. However, when I swipe out of the app and go back into it and go to Liked Songs, the same problem in 1 occurs. 3) When I turn Smart Shuffle off, then turn on Airplane Mode so that my songs are all downloaded in Liked Songs, Smart Shuffle will turn itself on again when I go out of that playlist. 4) The only way to access the songs downloaded when on Airplane mode is to search for them individually. Also, if possible, I would like an option to permanently turn it off.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MMDDXX11,

Thanks for getting back to us and providing the details. 

We appreciate you taking the time to report this and share this behavior with us.

The Smart shuffle as a feature is still new and we're working on finetuning it and this report will help with us. We'll make sure to pass the info onto the right team and we'll work on improving it's functionality, as Spotify constantly strives to refine the user experience.

We can't provide you with a guaranteed timeframe in which this specific issue will be addressed but, in the meantime, we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

More information: on airplane mode, when I go back into Liked Songs after already turning off Smart Shuffle, it says "No internet connection" with a button that says "turn off" when I click that it just takes me to my playlist page, and when I click on Liked Songs again the exact same thing happens.

Hey @MMDDXX11,

Thanks for your post and for the detailed description of your issue.

As a first step, can you please let us know the following:

• Your device model, OS version, and Spotify version.
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like reinstalling the app?
  • Does the issue persist on other devices using your account or on your device using a different account?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, sorry for the late response. I'm on IOS 16.3.1, iPhone 11. Spotify version 8.8.18. Reinstalling the app did not fix the issue. I haven't been able to test on other devices using my account, but on my device using a different account (in my same spotify family group) the issue does persist.

Marked as solution

Hey @MMDDXX11,

Thanks for getting back to us and providing the details. 

We appreciate you taking the time to report this and share this behavior with us.

The Smart shuffle as a feature is still new and we're working on finetuning it and this report will help with us. We'll make sure to pass the info onto the right team and we'll work on improving it's functionality, as Spotify constantly strives to refine the user experience.

We can't provide you with a guaranteed timeframe in which this specific issue will be addressed but, in the meantime, we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes and improvements.

Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

I really wish there was an actual fix to this. Discovered this on my 8 hour flight, even though all my songs are downloaded smart shuffle turns on and doesn’t let me access. What’s even the point of using this app? According to twitter, this is also a widespread problem. How can there not be a fix to simply turn it off? 

this is still an issue, what’s the point downloading my songs, if they’re going to be disabled when I’m out and about anyway! I live in a rural area, there’s no internet when I’m out.

Smart shuffle is removing my likes from my songs and recommending them again to me. Is this a gimmick to make artists think you're spreading their music more? I have added at least 15 songs back to my liked songs after I've already liked them. And not a new version.

I think what we all want is for smart shuffle to be disabled entirely. But we also understand why you don't want to do that

Smart shuffle is quite irritating. I have a curated Christmas playlist I send to friends every year, and smart shuffle randomly turns on. It's frustrating after I've spent so much time working on a particular order and mood.

I'm also having this issue and wish I could turn off smart shuffle all together. I turn it off (and it shows as turned off) but if I leave the screen without waiting a solid few seconds it turns itself back on, like there's a lag to it actually turning off. The lag of smart shuffle turning on/off makes it a feature I never want to use.

This is still an issue, was unable to look through my liked playlist while out of the country and we NEED a feature to shut it off unless it’s truly fixed. The features been out for over a year probably closer to 2 and nothing has been fixed. Please provide a button to just disable to feature.

Why is this marked as solved?! It’s clearly not solved

I have the same issue. Every time turn off shuffle/smart shuffle, it will turn back on. I’ve uninstalled and logged out of the app, and the issue is not resolved. 

1. Yes it's a terrible feature. I can be relaxing in the bath but then death metal blares. I wish they would do away with this. No one wants this

Yep me too, used to work fine and I actually enjoyed smart shuffle but now it turns off shuffle and resumes my playlist in order meaning I'm getting like the same 5 songs all the time as well as random songs that aren't in my playlist. Spotify please sort this out!!

This is not a solution to OPs problem and it is an insult to call it such. Let us have a button to turn off Smart Shuffle.

Suggested posts