Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mobile iOS7 menu difference

Solved!

Spotify Mobile iOS7 menu difference

Hello,

I downloaded the latest version of Spotify Mobile for iOS7 but my menu is different than the others. I can't see my friends profiles and I can't see my own profile. There's no "Me" section in the menu. I'm sharing the screenshot of the menu. Please tell me how can I fix it. Thanks.

1470862_10151891444056647_457734648_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Peter wrote:

Pretty certain the friends tab has been removed and Me is now in its place. If you have me you can now view your followers/following by tapping on those at the top of the Me page just like on desktop. 

Your Facebook friends are still listed when you go to the share menu though.

Peter is correct. Just wait while it's rolling out and everyone should have it soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

have you tried logging out and back in?

yes, I also reinstalled spotify many times but it hasn't changed.

have you tried turning the Device off and then back on? that might fix it.

yes i tried and it didn't work.

ok. i shall Escalate this to the Staff, and get you a reply ASAP.

thank you very much ! 

The "Me" section is new, I am pretty sure it is still on a phased roll out to users (like other Spotify features). 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

so you mean, I should wait for the update right ? 

Yes, although I'm asking about to see if I can get any more details for you. 

Peter

thank you very much. my friend also downloaded it before me and he can see "Me" section. It's really weird. hope you can find something. thank you again

I actually have the opposite issue. I can see the "Me" tab but NOT the "Friends" tab.

The friends item disappeared for me a few weeks ago. At first there was a blank space and then it completely disappeared after I logged out/back in.

Photo Dec 12, 2 44 09 PM.png

Pretty certain the friends tab has been removed and Me is now in its place. If you have me you can now view your followers/following by tapping on those at the top of the Me page just like on desktop. 

Peter

Marked as solution

@Peter wrote:

Peter is correct. Just wait while it's rolling out and everyone should have it soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just to 100% confirm for you guys, Peter is correct and you should all get the updated menu eventually. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

my menu hasn't changed. still no "Me" tab.

It is possible this is still rolling out, are you running the most up to date Spotify v0.9.2?

Peter

My menu view and options are different than that of my friends and we both have spotify premium. She is able to see the length of her playlist (in minutes) and a few other details and visually hers is different. The only difference is that she has an Iphone 5C and I have a 5S. I would like to be able to see the same view as hers. I have already tried deleting and reinstalling the app, logging out and logging back in and still no changes. Any ideas??

Is it possible your friend is part of the ongoing Your Music/Collections closed beta test? If that was the case her "Playlists" tab would say "Your Music".

Peter

Suggested posts