Spotify crashes on iOS 14.3

Plan

Free

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

(iOS 14.3

My Question or Issue:

My Spotify app keeps crashing. It also crashed when I was on iOS 14.2. It crashes at around 1 hour of using the app. I’ve tried the “Clean reinstall” and making a new account but the problem still occurs. Only i use this account.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is a temporary solution where you

”clean reinstall” the app and use it until it crashes. When it crashes clean reinstall it again. And repeat.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I got the same problem... i try everything and my phone is new...

Hey there @user-removed and @CptTom,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

@CptTom - if you haven't - can you try a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Some other useful steps we suggest is to try the following:

• Try an alternative connection (if on a public or office network try a private network, if possible)
  • Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space

If that doesn't do the trick we can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option:

1. Low Power Mode (Settings -> Battery -> Low Power Mode) needs to be off 
  2. Background App Refresh (Settings -> General-> Background App Refresh needs to be ON for Spotify

If Background refresh is greyed out in the ON position, go To Settings - > General - > Background App Refresh - > Turn on the option for the system, and then you can turn on / off by app.

Also - can you confirm if your battery gets drained or if it's only the app that crash?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I’ve tried to use a public and a private internet connection/ 4g but the app still crashes. I have soft reset and force restarted my device but it also won’t stop crashing. I have deleted the cache data but still the app crashes. I have 39 GB left. Background refresh is on for Spotify. I do not use low-power-mode while listening to Spotify. Spotify crashes even tho I have 60% or more battery percentage.

Thanks!

Also if you’re wondering i checked my Iphone analytics and it said (I’m just gonna say a little of it):

Spotify.cpu_resource_fatal-(the date)

Event: cpu usage
Action taken: Process killed
CPU: 48 seconds cpu time over 54 seconds (89% cpu average), exceeding limit of 80% cpu over 60 seconds

That’s a little of what the log said. Also the log is from 2020 so I’m not sure if this is from a crash or not but i hope this helps!

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for letting us know that.

It seems that others have reported the same issue. In this case, we suggest that you add your vote and subscribe to this Ongoing issue to be on top of any new updates we share about it.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks! But can I get a estimate about when this will get patched?

Thanks for all.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for your quick reply.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app and the OS of your device up-to-date to ensure they're on the latest version.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Have a nice day!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried everything I tried to reset it the iphone I deleted the app I even went so far as to exchange my iphone at apple and even they told me that everything was perfect with the ihpone I really tried everything ...

Also does this info help:

Event:            cpu usage

Action taken:     Process killed

CPU:              48 seconds cpu time over 57 seconds (84% cpu average), exceeding limit of 80% cpu over 60 seconds

CPU limit:        48s

Limit duration:   60s

CPU used:         48s

CPU duration:     57s

Duration:         57.13s

Duration Sampled: 52.85s

Steps:            22

Hardware model:   iPhone12,3

Active cpus:      6

EOF

And by the way i have my Share-with-app-Developers feature on so you can like check the whole file there.

Thanks!

I'm having this excact issue. It happens when my screen is locked and when I'm using it with the screen on. I would play an album and around 45-60 minutes the app crashes. I'm running iOS 14.3 on an iPhone 8 Plus. Hope they fix this issue 😞

Update!!! It seems that this issues only happens when I play albums. It run perfectly well when I play my own playlists just when I play albums in about 30 minutes the spotify app crashes!!

Spotify crashes for me on playlist even after a “Clean Reinstall”, new account and soft reset.

this is not needed to be answered by staff.

Thanks!

I think this is an issue on Apple's part since spotify was working perfectly with no crashes on my android device!!

It’s not Apple’s fault since my IPhone worked perfect with SoundCloud.

This is a issue on the Spotify version for Apple (App store) there are different versions of the app ( Google play store/ App Store). I also wonder when this is fixed because I wanna move back to Spotify.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

There is a temporary solution where you

”clean reinstall” the app and use it until it crashes. When it crashes clean reinstall it again. And repeat.

Suggested posts