Solved!

Re: Touch Preview on iOS removal

user-removed
Not applicable

-

scalv3rt
Roadie

So I have another phone with the version just before this update, with the Touch Preview. I know this is a long shot and most likely is not possible. But is there anyway to transfer that version of the app to my current phone?

RB712
Regular
I think that's only possible in "jailbroken" devices. And probably not worth it anyways, as it is most probably just a matter of time before that version becomes obsolete and stops working or something.
Maybe our best shot would be looking for a better service, which by now won't be that hard, as Spotify continues to take bad decisions whithout considering its own customers.

UrpLives
Removing touch preview after also removing folder search and folder shuffle has me seriously considering another service. Whether a feature has low engagement or not you should be considering the impact you are having on highly engaged users who rely on these features. The ability to preview keeps artists I'm merely curious about from junking up my recommendations and my recently played list. It lets me check out a new song without interrupting my painstakingly sequenced playlist or queue. It's a vital component of how I use this service daily and it's beyond disappointing to have it suddenly removed without even a mention in the app's update notes.

scalv3rt
Roadie

such a valid point made

royallxo
As a user who was using the feature on literally daily basis I am really sad that you are removing it. Just saying that this is drastically going to influence my experience in a negative way. Hope you bring the feature back.

palad1ncz
Regular

**bleep**, only reason I use spotify.... go to **bleep**.... seriously.

SeanM_52
Please reconsider this removal. Now discovering music is less efficient and easy which was a key reason I was drawn to this service. Like others have said, this is a major feature of Spotify that sets you guys apart from other services. Hope this is changed.

Casual Listener
Yo exijo qué vuelva la función de Touch Preview ya que fue uno de los puntos que me motivo a tener una suscripción premium, sino me veré en la obligación de cancelar mi suscripción e irme a la competencia, últimamente su aplicación en iOS con nuevas características no ha sido muy acertada 😤

Floris2410

Maybe the problem about the engagement is that the marketing of this new feature is really bad! I discovered it like 2 weeks ago by myself (nobody in Spotify ever told me inside the app). 

And I loved it........ darn..... I came to this forum to ask why the touch preview didn't work and I'm sad to see it is deleted. I loved it and I know many more people will LOVE it aslong as you let them know!!

SUGGESTED POSTS