WatchOS queries

Plan

Premium

Device

Apple Watch Series 5 LTE

Operating System

WatchOS 6.2.5

My Question or Issue

HI, I have been working with the OEM pain in the wrong side  I got a new apple watch. 

I have a Headset connected to it and I see it detect under the devices. When I try to play music on Spotify from the app in the Watch to the headphone it does not work. 

Question I have is : 

1. Is Spotify designed to work with Watch OS? 

2. Are the connected headset support to show-up un the connected devices in Spotify? 

3. I am able to use Apple music just fine but Spotify doesn't work? Possible reason?

1 Reply

Hey @swapinator, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes, Spotify is now supported on Apple Watch. I have an Apple Watch as well, so let's see what's going on exactly and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

1. Yes, Spotify is now supported on Apple Watch, and there is more info and how to get started here.
  2. If you have a bluetooth device, yes it will show up on your iPhone, but if you can elaborate this question I can answer further. 
  3. The link I provided in the first answer has more info as to what Spotify can do on Apple Watch.

Since you're having issues using Spotify on Apple Watch with headphones in, can you try restarting your iPhone?

Also, can you let me know which headphones this happens with, and your iPhone model, and iOS version? (You can find this by going to Settings > General > About). I'll also need more info as to what is happening with your watch exactly. Any screen recordings or screenshots will be very helpful, making sure that you hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Looking forward to your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts