Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

any idea how to block podcasts? .

any idea how to block podcasts? .

any idea how can we block podcasts that we don't want to hear? Like how we block certain artists. I am intending to curb my"addiction" to certain podcasts by permanently blocking them. Thanks!

45 Replies

Hey there @shawnleong,

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Currently the only way to stop seeing a podcast in your Library is to Unfollow it. You'll find the relevant button under the podcast title. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I am having an issue where I dont follow any podcasts and they still show up in my feed.  I really like the daily drive podcast but the podcasts that come up are getting further from my interests each day.  

Why isnt there a way to say dont play this podcast again?  I want to hear music and the news in my daily drive.  I do not want to hear about some celebrities in a Bravo tv podcast.

Spotify là ứng dụng trả phí tồi tệ nhất từng dùng.

Spotify is stupid "block" function!

Your suggested answer, unfortunately, doesn't answer the original question.

Spotify adds podcasts it think I will like to my Daily Drive playlist. I don't want to hear the Betoota Daily News podcast in my Daily Drive playlist.

It contains explicit content and pops into my Daily Drive playlist  even though it is flagged as Explicit and my filters are set to block Explicit content.

If I skip this podcast episode, it plays the next episode of the podcast instead of playing the next song in my Daily Drive playlist.

I don't follow Betoota Daily News so I can't unfollow it. How do I stop it from appearing in Daily Drive?

Hey there @NeilBenso,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you restart your device and then log out and log back in again? If that doesn't help, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue. You can also switch on/off the Explicit Content button.

Does this happen on another device? That way you can see if it's a device-related issue.

If the issuer persist, you can send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Deleting the cache solved my problem. Thank you very much!

Hi @Fireblare0628

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

haha. I came here for exactly the same reason
Follow me

Hey @registradus,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Just to double check- the Explicit button doesn't work or you experience another issue? 

In case the filter doesn't work, it's a good idea to try the steps mentioned in the thread. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

I have the same problem.

Many podcasts in daily drive and daily wellness contain things I don't want to hear about (mostly pseudoscience especially in the wellness part) and there is no good way to tell spotify that I would like to exclude certain podcasts. It would be nice to have a block or "don't show me this again" option

Hey @middlist,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

Currently there is no option to block or hide podcasts. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

You can also head here to find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

are you playing dumb or what. That not a solution as no one follows these dam podcasts.

I’d really like to block podcasts from

being constantly recommended to me. 

pseudoscience trash like Joe Rogan is constantly suggested on my Home Screen. 

I cant understand how is this a solution?, in first place I was not even following these  podcasts, there are so many podcasts that are not of my interest that appear every time, even when I search for a podcast there are a lot of podcast that always appear in the search, and I don't want to hear them, so currently I have stopped using Spotify to search for podcasts, I'd gladly come back to use search for podcast on the App if I had this feature.

Hey @gcv_7nte-f5qt, @SirPrize4U and @timbrax

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

As @Ver mentioned currently there isn't an option to block podcasts from playing. However these ideas request similar features:

Consider adding your support there or posting a new idea about what you'd like to see in the app.

Hope this info is useful. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Still looking for a block podcast option similar to an artist. 

Yeah, I'm seeing this question from more than a year ago and the option still doesn't exist yet. Why am I paying for this service?

Its annoyance / pleasure. I kind of gave up on their podcast, and morning
drive.

Suggested posts