Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 11 BMW Spotify

Solved!

iOS 11 BMW Spotify

Since the iOS 11.01 Update the Spotify app doesnt work with the Bmw f23 anymore.

whats going on there?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hm i don't think this is the same issue, cause the F23 don't need a bmw y cable...just USB. But i fixed my problem magically...i completely reset the head unit with the "all data delete function" in the profile options.

Then i deleted the car in the connected app and added it again...so nothing happens. But about some times later spotify and audible were back in the multimedia menu. I've already called the connected drive hotline...but the man on the phone couldn't help, but he provided the error to the technical team...mabye they did some magice here...

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I’m having the same issue. I think the update has stopped analog signals coming out the iPhone. As I’m using the bmw y cable. I have full function of Spotify. But no sound. Please sort this, betweeen spotify and bmw

Marked as solution

Hm i don't think this is the same issue, cause the F23 don't need a bmw y cable...just USB. But i fixed my problem magically...i completely reset the head unit with the "all data delete function" in the profile options.

Then i deleted the car in the connected app and added it again...so nothing happens. But about some times later spotify and audible were back in the multimedia menu. I've already called the connected drive hotline...but the man on the phone couldn't help, but he provided the error to the technical team...mabye they did some magice here...

Also sorted mine! Updated the Spotify app 

I also have similar problems since I updated my iPhone to iOS 11.  i am accessing the spotify app in my F20 via bluetooth. The spotify app shows up in the multimedia menu as usual (not always. Sometimes i have to reconnect my iPhone several times to get the app shown in the car menu) and i can select music as usual but when the song starts there is no sound. I can see the progress bar going forward but i cant hear anything. 

Exactly the same! Any true solution yet? 

Spotify simply does not show up in the multimedia option at all. I can still play music over USB or bluetooth, but can't access spotify menus from the console.

Try to call the connected drive hotline

Did u get it to work? I’ve got the same problem.

Apple and Spotify both shipped an update to their apps and that fixed the problem for me.

i realized that the main problem is spotify it self...it seems their code for the bmw api is just bad. Deezer for example is working everytime, much faster and has a real better i-drive integration 😕

The same is with amazon audible, works everytime...

Have 11.2.6 installed nothign works anymore, do the correct procedure can select spotify in the panel bleeep nothig happens. Can use Spotifiy via Bluetooth but with no function from display,  anyone any ideas??

Same to me...connects, then stopps and it is not possible to connect again. Then I have to reset all the network settings to work again for 5

minutes and then to stop again. Latest iOS

Suggested posts