Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 8 Support?

Solved!

iOS 8 Support?

Updated to ios 8 today and Spotify crashes every time when trying to open. I have the latest version of Spotify as well. I have also reset my phone on top of deleting and reinstalling the app. Just wanted to put this up to get the issue noticed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys, we're aware of an issue affecting some users on iOS at the moment. We're hard at work on a fix and apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime.

We're going to keep everyone updated in this thread. So we're going to lock this thread to avoid any confusion. 

Please do keep your reports coming in via the main thread. The more information we've got to work with, the better.

Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

@SpotifyCares on Twitter has suggested a work around that might solve the problem: 

"If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS 8, try changing your phone's SettingsLanguage & Region to another country, then change back."

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Hey, just a fair warning if you guys updated to iOS 8, and have found your Spotify not opening or working properly, I found the solution. Go to settings, language and region, and change region to United Kingdom, then open spotify. change your region back to United States, kill spotify then reopen and problem solved. 🙂

Marked as solution

Just found this on Twitter, hope it helps!

If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS8, try changing your phone's Settings > Language & Region to another country, then change back.

— SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares) September 19, 2014

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Version 1.8 of the Spotify iOS app has just been released. Please post back if you are still having problems

Thanks for your patience while the developers worked on an update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

141 Replies

Since B2 of iOS 8 - Spotify has not worked.   Do you all plan on addressing this issue anytime soon?  I mean, $9.99 and no working app on my phone is always a wonderful thing.  😞

Dude, I am losing my $h&t!

I use Spotify all day every day on my phone and now it is not working. If I was going to know that iOS 8 was going to break Spotify I would have waited. ><

For me Spotify is working just fine for iOS 8.

However, other users have stated that they are also expereicning crashing problems with version 1.7 of the app.

The official statement from Spotify as foud here is:

"Hey everyone, Spotify staff here. Our teams are still on the case and believe they've identified the main issue here.

The fix won't be pushed in the next Spotify iOS app update but hopefully it will be in the following one. We will keep you updated here as always.

If you have further questions about the service please get in touch through our contact form. Thanks everyone for your understanding while we work on this for you."

Also, @SpotifyCares on Twitter says an update is coming soon for better iOS 8 support. For me though, 1.7 works using iOS 8, so I think there is a different problem all together that is causing the crashing.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I find that extremely hard to believe since there are so many users on here complaining about the same issue. And now we're expected to wait for a possible fix for this app breaking bug until the update after the update that releases, which will not address the issue either? Is there a way to get credited back money paid since I am unable to do what I'm paying for?

All free apps are updated for iOS8 and Spotify doesn't work. I don't understand why don't fix it.

I too am having an issue. Just updated to iOS 8 and when manually moving from song to song in a playlist the app crashes and closes. For example I tap one song, then tap another one, then maybe on the third or fourth tap it crashes.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, Spotify crashes

Hi. I am located in Singapore and updated my Iphone 5s (this morning)to iOS8 and spotify does not work. My IPAD Air is also facing the same issue. I am forced to use ear plugs at a noisy caffe instead of listing to my playlist. I do hope you will fix this ASAP.

I uninstalled Spotify to do iOS 8 update.. Reinstalled Spotify and it crashes before it even loads up so I can't access Spotify whatsoever. It is getting very frustrating as I tried everything to fix it and it still doesn't seem to even load up!

Hi. I do have the same problem, - after upgrading to iOS 8, Spotify doesn't open on my phone - app crashes. Help wanted.

Same here, updated to iOS 8 a few hours ago and since then Spotify just doesn't start. I mean, tapping on the icon just the logo appears for say 10 seconds and then crashes. I tried to reboot the phone, closing all the apps, reinstalling Spotify but still nothing. Paying for the premium service for.....a crashing app? Please fix asap, cant' live without 

Same here. 10 seconds logo then the app closes. £9.99 a month, I hope it is fixed soon, However, strangely, the app works fine on my updated iPad Mini .

This is Gabriele from Italy.
Currently using iOS 8 with an iPhone 5S and Spotify it's still crashing.
That's disappointing: i'm waiting a working release since July (i'm a paying subscriber but i can't still use spotify on mobile since then).
3 Month without the mobile access... i'm just questioning myself why i'm still a subscriber.
I love (or maybe loved) spotify, but i don't like slow responses on heavy bug such this.

Same here, iPhone 5S and iOS 8.

On my 4S and iOS 8 it runs perfect.

Same problem here!!! need some help!

Here's a crash log.

Hope you solve it as quickly as possible: i'm getting really upset.

http://pastebin.com/HPKGWf4x

I have the same problem om my 5S 😞

Reistalled the app was no solution...

I have an iPhone 5s and since updating to iOS 8 spotify just crashes after trying to load for 10 seconds. Please fix soon!

Suggested posts