Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 8 Support?

Solved!

iOS 8 Support?

Updated to ios 8 today and Spotify crashes every time when trying to open. I have the latest version of Spotify as well. I have also reset my phone on top of deleting and reinstalling the app. Just wanted to put this up to get the issue noticed.

141 Replies

@vcuenca wrote:

looks like it's an iPhone 5s issue

Yes! Have a iPhone 4S. Running the beta for al while and never had a problem with Spotify 

Same problem here!
Somebody helpppp!!!
Pleaseee!

@JCdotnl iOS 8 released yesterday.

@all, we are aware that this is an issue with the current spotify client and iOS 8. You guys have to wait for an update even tho I understand that this is hard.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Today new version of Spotify was launched: version 1.7.1 works well on IOS 8 (my case of course)

I hope so!

For me was the version 1.7.1, but still dosn't work.

Same problem here, but it worked on my iPad 2 which also has iOS8

By mistake I put the wrong version number. Now is corrected

IPhone 5S, Spotify 1.7.1 (Released 9/18). Crashes on startup. Premium member. Not happy 😞

@gojongo Just do a reinstallation, it'll be okay 🙂
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Didn't work since yesterday

@jeremygoh
No it doesn't help to do a reinstall!!

@vcuenca
It is also a problem on iphone 5

correct. a reinstall does NOT help.

Any news about fixing the problem with spotify fails to open on iOS 8??

@Markschroder

I know, I can not understand how is this possible... I tested all the apps on beta3, didnt you guys do the same? I just dont get it. I will cancel my premium subscription 

Dear All,

yes, is not working in my iPad with iOS 8 yesterday's upgrade.

yes, i have premium account.

i will wait until the fix will be ready, at least 2 weeks.

s

SPOTIFY IS NOT WORKING ON iOS 8 !!!!! HELP!! I reinstalled 4 times but Its always crashing! Am I doing something wrong or what do I have to do?? Or when does the Update come???

Mines works fine on Iphone 5S

Still many intermittent faults with 1.71 update on IOS 8. Some Apps starting put Spotify into pause mode. Also various problems with Airport Express connection hanging and failingl. I found workarounds for both iPad and IPhone, but these problems should have been resolved before the latest update.

Now It works.

iPad. 3G connection.

I've removed all the background apps.

s

Suggested posts