Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Browse] UI Update Improvements

[iOS][Browse] UI Update Improvements

I've begun to wonder if Spotify put me into a beta test group since I can't find anyone else who's seen this update. If this is the case, I'd love to be removed from the beta group. Otherwise, here's my feedback on the update and how to improve it.

Spotify used to organize its home screen into a series of sideways moving squares with playlists, albums, artists, and podcasts. These squares have disappeared and been replaced by full screen cards that seem to center around what Spotify recommends, not what I've actually been listening to (see attached screenshot of the new interface). I've never found Spotify's recommendations to be great, but with the old square based interface there were more recommendations, so I was usually able to find something new that I liked. The new interface has so few recommendations that that this numbers game is impossible. Case in point, none of the recommendations in the screenshot are for things that I use or listen to. The only think I can think of to improve this is to revert to the squares method and go back to the drawing board.

If I am in a beta group, please remove me, but most importantly, don't push this update to everyone. You can do better. The new layout seems like you're making a change for the sake of making a change. The whole update feels like it lacks purpose or direction and I struggle to put my finger on what the designers hoped to accomplish. This is not a winning formula, but I've loved Spotify for years, so I know improvements will come. 

thumbnail_Image.jpg
1 Reply

Hi @connorstolfa,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community.

A similar idea has already been suggested here to opt out of tests. Take into account that the "Inactive" status doesn't mean the idea won't be implemented. If it reaches the necessary amount of votes, Spotify will consider it. 

Let us know if you have any more questions.
MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts