Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Spotify Connect on iPhone lockscreen

[iOS][Other] Spotify Connect on iPhone lockscreen

I use Spotify Connect with my Gramofon. But on the iPhone lockscreen I can't control Spotify (next, previous and most important the volumne). 

Can you please fix this? Because when I use Bluetooth or Apple Airplay I can control Spotify on the iPhone lockscreen.

11 Replies

Hello!
Since this sounds more like a bug I've moved it to the help section.
Could you tell us what your Spotify version is?
Also do you see the lock screen controls but they just don't change anything when pressing the buttons?

I don't know if it's a bug. It seems when using Spotify connect the iPhone thinks there is no audio signal (it does of course to the gramofon). So the iPhone thinks there is no music, so no audio control from lockscreen.

The sonos app also seems to lack the feature I requested.

I use version 3.0.0.2566.

I don't see the audio controls at all on the lockscreen. When I use Bluetooth or Airplay I can see and use audio controls on lockscreen.

Somebody?

Hey again! I've escalated that issue to the Spotify staff, they'll check what's going wrong here. 😉

Thanks, hope fix will come soon!

Hey @kk86!

I've got the answer from the Spotify staff stating that it's actually "expected" to work like that. I've dug around the forum a bit and came across this topic which explains that it's due to iOS restrictions (again). Basically Apple lets you only control the actual output device which works against controlling Spotify Connect in that case. It's worth noting that it works just fine on Android devices.

But the staff reassured me that your feedback has been forwarded to the right team! So hopefully there is some kind of fix to work around that dumb iOS restrictions in a future update. Fingers crossed! 😉

I read about that too. But for example, the sonos app is using a workaround too.

After all I hope it will be fixed soon!

Thanks for your work so far.

Hi there!

Just wanted to ask if there are som news on this?

The functionality would really be great!

No workarounds?

Thanks

Dominik

Hello Marco!

Had there been a workaround for this issue? I am wanting to use this feature as well and noticed it still hasn't worked.

Thanks!

Hi - is there any fix for this? I'm using Spotify Connect on Heos system and I cannot control Spotify on iphone/ipad lock screen which is really inconvenient. Thanks in advance for solving this issue.

Hope to see a Spotify widget in the lockscreen sooner rather than later. 

Hope to see a policy change or workaround soon. 

Suggested posts