Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Podcasts] Disable Video-Function in Podcasts

[iOS][Podcasts] Disable Video-Function in Podcasts

My whole family is using Spotify and they love it. But since you introduced video podcasts they watch instead of listening. As the parents we need to control the media time of the children. When they can watch whenever they want, it is becoming a problem. We like to disable the video podcast for certain family members. Also some of the podcasts are not meant for children. Currently there is no way to control the access to certain podcasts.

I don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet. Guys, the first company that gives control to the parents to moderate the content of what the kids are listening, will draw all parents and families to them. 

3 Replies

Hi there @funkify,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from the idea board to our help board.

You're able to download podcasts without video on your iPhone as well as stream podcasts without video. Just head to settings> Data saver and then tic only download sound. You can also tic only stream sound.

This is actually possible on the desktop app as well. You can check out the statues in this idea.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy, you mean that on kid’s iphone I can disable streaming video (but not if he is under WiFi). Great!

10 seconds later my kid can change it back.

It is necessary to give such option in parental (family admin) control place so to disable video for the account. We are not talking about saving data but disabling video at all.

Do you have solution for this?

To all who read it and are concerned about it you may vote to introduce such function:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Community-Other-Add-quot-remove-video-podcast-cont...

Suggested posts