Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS app on iPhone randomly crashes

iOS app on iPhone randomly crashes

Hello!

For the past few weeks now the Spotify app on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.3.3) has been closing at seemingly random times during playback (app remains open in the background but stops playing and kicks me back to the iPhone home screen). I have tried all the usual fixes -- closing and reopening app, turning phone off and back on, uninstalling and reinstalling app, etc. and nothing has worked. It might play for a few minutes or a few hours before shutting off...but for the last couple days it has been more often shutting off sooner than later. I have the premium plan. 

TIA!

-- J.

3 Replies

I have the same problem on my iPhone 6.

Hey JeloRoc,

I have had this problem as well with my iPhone 6. What I have always done is uninstall the app and reinstall it, which usually helps for a while. Eventually, spotify will crash again though. I have found that when I have a lot of offline songs saved (over 600 or so), I experience crashing. But if I keep my offline songs to around the 500 mark, I experience less crashes. 

My advice would be to try removing some of your offline music and see if this helps with the crashing. 

Hope you find a solution!

Hunter

That was the only solution that worked for me as well. The only difference is that I never had more than 100 songs downloaded. I just bought the iPhone 7 plus so I'm hoping my problems with Spotify are now over.

Suggested posts