Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account appears to have merged with another

Solved!

Account appears to have merged with another

I have Spotify Premium. All paid up.

The other day I got an email from spotify in Portugeuse. I was on vacation and didn't spend much time on it.

A couple days later I couldn't log into Spotify on my phone. I thought maybe it had to do with me changing a setting.

Today I did a password reset to get back into my account. First thing I notice is ads are playing. I look at my account and it says Free. I check receipts and I just paid. I check my bank account and nothing is pending.

Then I look at my recently played and it is stuff I never listen to.

Then I look at my playlists and there are several I don't recognize. Mine are all there though.

I looked back that that Portuguese email from Spotify and it is a password reset request.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you currently access your account? You probably changed your email address

If you do not have access to your account, please get in touch

using the following form

https://support.spotify.com/sk/contact-spotify-support/ You must be aware of the Spam folder, since many times the answers arrive there. It takes, at most, 24 hours to answer.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

You probably hacked the account. It is recommended to change the password and log out of all devices

https://support.spotify.com/pa/account_payment_help/account_help/how-to-log-out/

Thanks. Not sure I could have "hacked the account".

I logged eveyone out and changed passwords.

I can see how someone else used my account. But this doesn't answer why I why I don't have Premium anymore or why I got emails in Portuguese. Also there are like 20 new playlsits here. That's a lot of activity in a 3 day timespan.

I'm leaning towards bug over "hacked".

A form of hacking is through phishing, that is, through fake emails (with similar appearance to our site) that was probably the way your credentials were stolen, they used your account.

Yeah but no. I have not received any emails from Spotify or looking like
Spotify that I have clicked in the last week or so.

Someone asked for a password reset of my account. The email came to me in
Portuguese. I got this email on Saturday and then another on Sunday. These
emails were specifically device resets and not the normal reset you get
from the web page. I did not click the links. I discovered that I was
logged off and unable to log back in on Monday.
Marked as solution

Can you currently access your account? You probably changed your email address

If you do not have access to your account, please get in touch

using the following form

https://support.spotify.com/sk/contact-spotify-support/ You must be aware of the Spam folder, since many times the answers arrive there. It takes, at most, 24 hours to answer.

Yes. I reset my password and logged everyone out and I see my email address
and other details have not been touched.

Nothing in spam.

Support had to take care of me. Account was compromised and they rolled back all data to a few days before it occured.

Suggested posts