Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

f00b4r4
Casual Listener

Changing the password and "sign out everywhere" have done the trick for me.

ThisCharmingCub

I login using Facebook, so I went into the app settings in Facebook (from my laptop browser) and deleted Spotify (which in effect logs you out of all your devices when you try to launch them, but I purposely did so in order to 'clear' them out). Then from my laptop I logged back into Spotify via Facebook and did the same on my iPad and iPhone. Cleared out my friend's Samsung soundbar and kept all my playlists and offline files in tact.

Casual Listener
Go to Spotify.com and click the three-line tab at the right. Select "account overview" on the menu, scroll down and click on "Sign out everywhere"

guld_lock
Haha such an obvious bug. I logged into my account in a store and now they listen through my account. And I can play loud music in the store anytime. Ridiculous.

I used the "log out everywhere" option, but this sure as hell didn't stop my speaker from streaming. We'll see if the store can start streaming again, although the speaker is gone from my list right now.

wyattlewis
Music Fan
I've tried everything listed here and I cannot seem to get some old heos speakers I sold on eBay off of my account. Miserable.

rinaldo
Casual Listener

I am having the exact same issue- even after removing my spotify account from my Bose Soundtouch 10 (through the bose app), resetting the device to factory settings, signing out of all devices and changing the password on my spotify account, I am still able to see and connect to the Soundtouch... even whilst away from my wifi network!

This is so unbelievably dumb and I cannot believe a company like Spotify does not provide a way to forget devices that have been attached via spotify connect.

Casual Listener
You can forget them dear. Login to Spotify.com Look for Account Overview/Settings then scroll down and click on Sign Out Everywhere. This totally worked. Kudos!

rinaldo
Casual Listener

As per my post, "dear", I have already tried logging into Spotify.com, going to account overview and using the 'Sign out everywhere' button. As per the many comments before mine, this button does not work reliably for many people.

In any case, there should be a way of viewing all connected devices in a list and being able to manually remove specific ones.

wyattlewis
Music Fan
This does not work. Please do not suggest this to others as a solution. This will work temporarily, but the devices reappear after a few minutes.

megarys
Regular
Yes, agree with wyattlewis . We are going in a circle here , sign out everywhere does not work, I suggest we:
1 ) send emails to Spotify directly , for example to their head cyber security, he/she should be on linked in , please try to dig out names and emails and post your findings here?

2)failing the above send emails to tech media. Since this is a massive securty gap and cyber security is a hot topic, it will make a for a good article and will certainly get Spotifys attention

If you have any other ideas please shoot. ..

SUGGESTED POSTS