Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

megarys
Regular

As first step I have just sent and email to security@spotify.com with a link tobthis thread asking them to respond ... please do the same so we can get their attention...

rinaldo
Casual Listener
Ive done the same- emailed their security department. It's crazy that I can still see and control my local hifi store's speaker! Imagine if someone malicious found out about this :-/

wyattlewis
Music Fan
Security-wise, I'm sure there are some major concerns. But on a practical level, my friends were waking me up at 2am but accidentally selecting my speakers and now I am doing the same to someone who owns my former speakers. It was enough for me to switch from heos to LG wireless speakers.

matt48625
Spotify? Hello anyone sorting this out? Shall we put an article in the newspaper?

wyattlewis
Music Fan
Get it to the front page of reddit. They'll care...

user-removed
Not applicable

There is no official suuport in the forum !? Hello Sotifly, we do pay for the premium services, at east given back us something , okay ?

kayleegean

I wish I had some sort of solution, but I'm having a similar problem. I'm at college, so the wifi and ethernet is all on the same network, and now I have a ton of PS4s and sometimes ChromeCasts depending on where I am. Unlike what I'm seeing here, I've personally never logged in on any of those devices, nor have I played music from it. Thankfully I haven't experienced any playback issues, but it's still annoying and honestly uncomfortable. I even contacted Spotify and was told to try the "log out of all devices" option. Which, as previously established, worked for a few minutes at most. 

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list

wyattlewis
Music Fan
I can commiserate. I often find myself playing music on my old devices
which are now in a different person's (sold on ebay) home.

n3xtepisode
problem not solved, come on spotify...

shandre
Visitor

I was dealing with this issue too, and found a solution:

- Change password

- Logout from all devices (using Spotify web portal)

I first tried doing this using only the second step, but that doesn't work. The thing is: devices appear to be saving the password locally. So when you logout all devices, they will simply log back in. That's where the password change comes in, which prevents those devices from logging back in (until you'd login with the new password, of course).

Hope this helps.

SUGGESTED POSTS