Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country from USA

Cannot change country from USA

I have been logged out of my account because "my country does not match the one set in my profile". When I click the link to update my profile, I am given no option other than USA. I made this account a matter of weeks ago in New Zealand, have been in New Zealand ever since and have never been to the USA. My IP address states my correct location. How can I change this setting?

Help me pleeeeease! 

9 Replies

Hello and thanks for posting to the Spotify community!
This sounds bad. Can I ask, are you a premium subscriber?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi there! No I'm using the free service at the moment, however I was planning on going premium once I'd given it a go for a little longer and got used to it. But now I'm locked out by the looks of it!

Hi back! If you log in with your fb account, can you make sure that the country matches?

There is a great article that can help you as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...
And an ongoing issue about it (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...
Does this help?
K

Hi again!

Sorry I didn't see that there had been a reply! I checked both links - the first was mostly people who have moved around, my issue is that my account is stuck on USA for some reason. There are no other options in the drop-down menu (I'll attach a photo). The second link didn't work unfortunately.

Thanks for all your help so far 🙂

IMG_3353.JPG

Hey, sorry for the late reply!

Hmm...That's weird. I tried viewing and it didn't work as well...

Anyway, could you be using an equipement that's confusing your New Zealand location?

This thread offers some insight...

If it's not any help, then I recommend you to use the contact form so that a Spotify staff member can assist you. You follow the right steps and then press the green button at the bottom saying "I still need help". Usually they get back within a couple of days but to speed things up, you can reply to the no-reply email you'll receive, even though it says not to!

Hope this helped more!

K

Hey guys just a quick answer, if Spotify tell me that they block my account that means I lost the premium subscription?

Hello @sebastianbaque! Sounds like you need to use the contact form as well.
Further, please refrain from posting to other users' threads for other questions. Instead you can post your own thread in the "Help-Accounts & Subscriptions" or any other section as applicable to your problem. It's not very polite 🙂
K

Hi Kate,

I've just done the contact form - hopefully it all works out!

Thanks again,

Gemma

Great!
If you have any issues don't hesitate to post here again 🙂
K

Suggested posts