Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot gather Spotify data

Cannot gather Spotify data

I've requested Spotify to gather my data a while ago and now that it has arrived I cannot download it because Spotify asks me to reauthenticate with Facebook for security purposes. Exact message: "For security purposes we need you to re-authenticate with Facebook so that we know it's you before you can download your data." I don't know what that means, does it mean that I have to remove Spotify from my Facebook apps and then add it again? I've tried logging in and out of Facebook and Spotify but that doesn't work. Also, I wanted to add that my Spotify account was created through Facebook so won't removing it delete my account?

1 Reply

Hey there @mark1203,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

While disconnecting your account from Facebook won't get it deleted, this shouldn't be necessary to download your personal data.

Could your try again, this time using a private or incognito browser? This will ensure that your cache and cookies are not causing these issues. Also, be sure to log in to your account page using the Facebook button and try switching Process my Facebook data off and on again here.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts