Premium

Country 
us

Device

HP Envy

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, when I created my account I used my facebook. I would like to update my email address, but it wouldn't let me because it was hooked up to facebook. I created a password and removed the login from facebook, the account should no longer be connected, however it still will not allow me to update my personal info (birthday, email, ect) 
I have logged out and back in on the desktop app and the website, and it still will not recognize that I removed FB. Please help! 

3 Replies

Hey there @MakahBehr,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂  

If you've created your Spotify account through Facebook, your account details have been automatically set. That's why it's not possible to change them from the account overview page. Your Spotify account has been registered with the personal details you've put in your Facebook account. 

In case you want to update your profile picture or display name, check out these steps. Make sure you use a private/incognito window when performing the changes in order to avoid issues with the cache. 

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.  

Yes, but I changed the email associated with my Facebook to one I currently use and it didn’t update in Spotify. This has been several months. I also want to get rid of my Facebook account. It seems strange to me that my options are keep my FB, even though I don’t want to, or make a new account with an email address I DO use and have access too and lose all of my Playlists, recommendations etc.

This seems like a flaw that Spotify should work on fixing.

Hey @MakahBehr,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since your account was initially created through Facebook, you can't change your login email address yourself. Our Customer Support Team however would be more than happy to help you out with this. You can reach out to them here

If you do decide you want a new account though, there is of course a way to keep your music collection. This page has a detailed explanation on how to do this. You will find there also additional information on how to use Spotify without Facebook.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts