Now Free

Country

Account Country is UK, I moved to Germany

Device

N/A

Operating System

N/A

My Question or Issue

Hi, I waited for my premium subscription to expire however I don't have an option to change to another country. The drop-down list is limited to the United Kingdom

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @uber_cookie, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues changing your country - but no worries, I’ll be happy to help.

First, you can head to your account profile. If you're in the country you'd like to change it to, you'll be able to. Simple. It's based on your current IP address, which is a possible reason why you cannot change the country.

If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Billy

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @uber_cookie, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues changing your country - but no worries, I’ll be happy to help.

First, you can head to your account profile. If you're in the country you'd like to change it to, you'll be able to. Simple. It's based on your current IP address, which is a possible reason why you cannot change the country.

If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Billy

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you, I thought it was something fishy as I didn't get any other options. I'm always connected via  UK based VPN 

I take it back, Spotify refuses to take payment from my card which is registered in Germany; Your payment method and country don't match.

Right, so I can't pay because I sm using Revolut which is a UK registered bank... What kind of b*ll **bleep** is this? I don't want to buy GBP just to pay for Spotify. I was happy to pay in £ while I was being paid in £...

@uber_cookie -

Thanks for the reply!

If a regular Spotify payment doesn’t go through on the usual renewal date, you’ll receive an email notification but you won't immediately lose your subscription. We’ll keep trying to take the payment over the next few days.

To make sure the payment goes through, give these a try:

• Re-enter your payment information. 
    1. Log in to your account page.
    2. Select Subscription in the menu on the left.
    3. Under Payment details, click UPDATE. Make sure you enter your details correctly, particularly the 3-digit number sequence on the back of your card (the CVV/CVC security code). Also check you have the available funds. It’s also worth giving it a try in a private/incognito window in your web browser.

• Try a different payment method. 
    We have a range of payment methodsavailable. Try selecting an alternative method to what you’ve already tried, or a different card.

• Contact your bank or credit card company. 
    Their phone number is usually provided on the back of the card you’re trying to use.

Still not working?

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait for your account to revert to Free. You can check this on your subscription page.
    Tip: You won’t lose any music or account settings by reverting to Free, but you will need to redownload anything you’ve made available for offline listening once you’re back on Premium.
  3. Resubscribe to Premium.

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

It will not work because my bank's registered office is in UK....

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 09.12.54.png

@uber_cookie -

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, your country of residence must match your payment method, so you’d have to use another card if you reside somewhere else, of if you are in the UK, you can change your country to the UK. 

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts