Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Family Plan Admin

Solved!

Change Family Plan Admin

I have a Spotify Family Plan, and the wrong user is admin.

Is it possible to change the admin user?

I realise I can cancel my account and create a new one, but won't I then lose all my data?

Thanks in anticipation

Lee

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @leegee,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn’t a way to change the plan manager of a Premium Family plan.

However, the plan manager of the existing Premium Family plan can cancel the plan, and then a different member of your residence can start a new Premium Family plan as the plan manager.

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same Spotify accounts.

The plan manager for the current Premium Family plan can cancel the existing plan by following these steps:

1. Log into spotify.com/account
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium.

At your next billing date, the accounts of each member of the old Premium Family plan will switch to the free plan. At this time, the plan manager for the new Premium Family plan can start the plan here and then invite the other members.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this support article and in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @leegee,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn’t a way to change the plan manager of a Premium Family plan.

However, the plan manager of the existing Premium Family plan can cancel the plan, and then a different member of your residence can start a new Premium Family plan as the plan manager.

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same Spotify accounts.

The plan manager for the current Premium Family plan can cancel the existing plan by following these steps:

1. Log into spotify.com/account
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium.

At your next billing date, the accounts of each member of the old Premium Family plan will switch to the free plan. At this time, the plan manager for the new Premium Family plan can start the plan here and then invite the other members.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this support article and in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts