Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I'm an incoming freshman in college and would like to switch my plan to the student premium one. I believe it isn't matching me with my school due to my birth date being off by one day, but it will not let me change it. My account is connected with Facebook, which has my correct date of birth. Any time I change the date from 2 to 1, it automatically puts it back at 2 regardless of when I click "save changes". I would really like to have this plan, and need some help figuring this out. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @morow, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're having issues changing the birthday on your account, could you try editing it using a different browser or private window?

If that doesn't help, then I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They can take a look and do their best to help.

Have a great day ahead!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @morow, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're having issues changing the birthday on your account, could you try editing it using a different browser or private window?

If that doesn't help, then I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They can take a look and do their best to help.

Have a great day ahead!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I guess I will just have to contact them. Changing it in any tab has the same outcome. I appreciate your help!

Hey there @morow,

Just jumping in here to clarify that the birth date on your account page isn't required to get your Premium Student started.

If you're having difficulties verifying as a student, we'd suggest checking out this support article.

In case you've already received an email from SheerID confirming your student status, you can start off by trying to open the link in that email in an incognito or private window, preferably on a desktop device, to apply the discount to your account.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend you try signing up for the student discount again here.

If you still want to update your personal details on your Facebook-created account, you should follow @Billy-J's advice and reach out out our support teams.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts